• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are very one dimensional at times, get it to Hazard and hope Costa can find a way to get on the end of something in the box.

Fabregas can only find a pass if there's movement ahead of him, Mourinho frequently sends out 6-7 outfield players who's job is little more than maintaining the shape and shutting the game down. I think this Chelsea side is comfortably the least entertaining of any he's managed so far, his Inter side were painfully pragmatic but at least they spent a fair amount of time hitting teams on the counter and that got pretty entertaining through with the attacking quartet generally allowed to just stay as far upfield as they wanted whilst the rest of them dug in, this Chelsea team is just workrate front to back 90% of the time, no-one gets a free ride to allow more of a threat anymore.

Three shots on target today tells its own story. Swansea can consider themselves unfortunate not to win, very impressed with Monk tactically today, got Shelvey pressing high up the pitch on Fabregas (without being a moron about it as he can sometimes), Montero isolated against Ivanovic who he made look like a pub player, Ki goes off and Cork slots straight back in, were it not for a freakish bit of luck on the own goal then they'd be walking away with all three points.

Three shots on target today tells its own story. Swansea can consider themselves unfortunate not to win, very impressed with Monk tactically today, got Shelvey pressing high up the pitch on Fabregas (without being a moron about it as he can sometimes), Montero isolated against Ivanovic who he made look like a pub player, Ki goes off and Cork slots straight back in, were it not for a freakish bit of luck on the own goal then they'd be walking away with all three points.

Certainly, I was sceptical of Monk when he first came in, this think he must have been a bit snake in the grass the way he went from a player under Laudrup to managerial replacement in 6 months or whatever but he's done very well with them.

There were a lot more opportunities for Swansea today than Chelsea, can't really remember many saves from Fabianski other than taking one that hit him in the face when he closed the angle down well on Hazard, whereas Swansea probably could've easily had 2-3 more if it weren't for Courtois/Gomis.

I wonder if perhaps there's now an element of fear to Mourinho's tactics, he's achieved so much everywhere he's been that it'd now be quite a big deal if he were to fail, I wonder if that sort of thinking is why he's seemingly going more and more pragmatic over time and his sides have lost so much entertainment value in doing so, he just wants to make sure they win at all costs to keep his reputation intact.

I thought Swansea were quite poor in the last 20 minutes, especially for being a man up.

I thought Swansea were quite poor in the last 20 minutes, especially for being a man up.

and me. Thought Chelsea controlled the game after the disallowed goal, just their final ball/options in the box were woeful. Was hoping Swansea to put Chelsea under serious pressure.

Understand his frustration at the circumstance but Hazard ought to stop holding his head like he's been concussed if he doesn't want the med staff taking a look at him.

Jose shouldn't questioning whether a player needs treatment over a qualified doctor, especially in public. His biggest gripe should be with his back four and Courtois.

Alridore, what a miss, clear header from 3 meters out

Alridore, what a miss, clear header from 3 meters out

Classic, we get every Prem game televised in the States, but Sweden gets more MLS games than we do!

:) 1-3 currently, toronto losing

Just catching up with MOTD. Good refereeing from Michael Oliver for Swansea's penalty. Three things he could have got wrong but he didn't - it was onside, it was inside the area and there was contact. Got it spot on when an official could have easily bottled the decision.

I think he'll be our representative at the 2018 World Cup.

Middlesbrough still a bunch of dirty bastards. Preston playing well and riling Boro up who aren't getting their way.

Daniel Johnson has played well so far, very aware of what is around him when he receives the ball. Poor game overall.

Payet is such a coup for West Ham. Delightful little player.

Jeezus, who made Cech shit. Maybe there's a reason he hasn't played for a season.

Terrible play by Oxlade-Chamberlain as well but Cech's positioning was really poor. That's the kind of goal Ikeme used to concede all the time from range.

It might only be the first game of the season but i said when Arsenal signed Cech i didn't think he was better than Ospina anymore and he definitely isn't on this basis.

Super debut from Reece Oxford. He looks like a talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back