• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Interest rates bumped up again, to 2.25%.

But that stupid wench in charge will continue to pursue her inflationary economic policy because it suits her benefactors.
Due to remortgage in Feb. Absolutely great news.

My fixed rate ends in April. The scary thing is that the forecasts are that the rate will double by next summer. 🙁
I’m unsure what to do. Fixing at 4% now seems crazy given what I’ve got now, but if it’s only going to go up and then not really come down anytime soon then it might be the only choice

With the electricity can kicked 2 years down the road I could easily see inflation and interest rates staying high for 4 or 5 years.

I’m unsure what to do. Fixing at 4% now seems crazy given what I’ve got now, but if it’s only going to go up and then not really come down anytime soon then it might be the only choice
I looked into this late last year as our fixed rate ended in June this year, called the bank as soon as there were rumblings of the rate rising to find out how early I could refix. Was told could only do so something like a month or 6 months before the term ended but if I were to change the term, just a year would do, then it becomes a new mortgage application and they can hold that offer for 6 months. So we did a new mortgage application mid-December based on keeping our payments the same but thanks to some overpayments we'd made the term came down a bit and that offer held until mid-June. Ended up having to pay about 10 days of early repayment charge for the new mortgage to effectively pay off the existing one before the offer expired, which was only a couple of quid per day I think. Must have got that money back in the first monthly payment considering how much interest rates have gone up since we did the application.

Got a 5 year fixed rate a few weeks ago - more than we were paying previously but the way things are, I think we were very lucky to get under 4%.

I'm loving these parable of the lucky git stories ;)

Del
Yes, I know that! What I'm
saying is; what's in it for
us?

Rodney
Well... nothing.

Del
Nothing?

Rodney
No.

Del
So what d'you tell me for?

Rodney
I was trying to point out
that even in these dark
days of recession some
people are doing well.

Del
Oh I see! It was just a
nice little story? The
parable of the lucky git!
Yes, well, that has cheered
me right up. Oh, I've gotta
tell Raquel.

Last edited:

Del
us?

Rodney
Well... nothing.

Del
Nothing?

Rodney
No.

Del

Rodney
that even in these dark
days of recession some
people are doing well.

Del
Oh I see! It was just a
nice little story? The
tell Raquel.
Luck or good financial planning?

Maybe I should've just gloated about the interest rate I've got for the next 5 years rather than trying to explain how we fixed it as low/early as we possibly could without suffering big early repayment charges.

Del
us?

Rodney
Well... nothing.

Del
Nothing?

Rodney
No.

Del

Rodney
that even in these dark
days of recession some
people are doing well.

Del
Oh I see! It was just a
nice little story? The
tell Raquel.
Don't bring me into it

higher bonuses, lower corporation tax and relaxed planning rules. Its a license to print money for their mates.

I'd like to know why Companies who have been paying 19% in Corporation Tax for the last few years will suddenly increase investment and employee wages now that the Corporation Tax will stay at 19%.

VAT free shopping for foreign visitors.

Trying to fuck the unions up as well. Any employer offer must be put to a vote before a strike. So employer just continually fires in a series of derisory offers and strike action has effectively become illegal.

Back