• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Cruella this morning on the BBC

"By some counts there are 100 million people around the world who could qualify for protection under our current laws. And let’s be clear: they are coming here".

The vast majority of refugees globally – 4 out of 5 – stay in their region of displacement, and consequently are hosted by developing countries. Turkey now hosts the highest number of refugees with 3.7 million, followed by Colombia with 1.7 million.

In the year ending September 2021, the top five countries of nationality for asylum applications (from main applicants) to the UK were:  Albania  (13,650), Iran (9,652), Afghanistan (6,644) Iraq (6,333) and Syria (4,143).

Source - UNHCR

People do have concerns about the number of Albanians and with some justification.

It is designated as a safe country to live in.

People do have concerns about the number of Albanians and with some justification.

and if our processing system wasn't broken then you would presume a high % of people from Albania would be refused asylum?
Instead they have broken a system so badly, they will end up in detention centres or hotels for months on end because we can't process them as they should be done. Guess a few will make a break for freedom whilst waiting as well.
Its not who is coming or how they are coming its what we do when they get here that is the problem (that they either can't see or refuse to because its easier to whip up hatred than admit you fucked up).

and if our processing system wasn't broken then you would presume a high % of people from Albania would be refused asylum?
Instead they have broken a system so badly, they will end up in detention centres or hotels for months on end because we can't process them as they should be done. Guess a few will make a break for freedom whilst waiting as well.
Its not who is coming or how they are coming its what we do when they get here that is the problem (that they either can't see or refuse to because its easier to whip up hatred than admit you fucked up).
I agree they've broken the system and the swift refusal of entry to a large portion of people from a country would have the desired effect, particularly if it was efficient and fair.

Tin foil hat stuff I know but I wonder if they've broken it deliberately so they can disrupt and divide a nation. It's diversionary and creates an excuse for people to blame others rather than the government of the day. Getting their right wing mates in the press to do all the dirty work is cheap too.

It's a fascist tactic and they seem to be running that playbook.

Cruella this morning on the BBC

"By some counts there are 100 million people around the world who could qualify for protection under our current laws. And let’s be clear: they are coming here".
It's laughable. Our population is curently around 68 million, and another 100 million people are coming? Utter cunts.

I think the people that it will appeal to are the hardline fucks that were never going to move away from floating between UKIP and Tory voting, so it won't really take anybody away from Labour or the others. It is something that will possibly limit the extent of the wipeout, but won't get anywhere near stopping it from being a substantial Labour majority in 18 months time

Albania's status isn't that straightforward though. Many claiming asylum are citing the problems with grooming, exploitation and people trafficking by criminal gangs as their reasons to leave.

Their game is to do so much damage that it will take more than one parliamentary session to even scratch the surface, with the intention of running a 2030 campaign based on “Labour can’t fix the country”

I overheard a conversation last night with 3 Brexity types. The message is landing, they aren't interested in detail, just having their prejudices reinforced

It’s the conversations I’m hearing from the non-Brexity types that are far more concerning to me.

Lineker enjoys triggering the Brexity types but they’re largely an irrelevance. Problem is, he’s sneeringly arrogant and appears a dangerous representation of the idealistic left to the more reasonable that might be looking to trust Labour with their vote.

Not sure how Labour/the left tackle that one, there are rich pickings from those voters but they can’t seem to help themselves from pushing them away.

Why is there a bloke in jeans and brown shoes hiding under the Union Jack?
334551857_1238086090124682_3481120691488356751_n.png

Its Sunak's legs. He removed them before 'stepping up' to the podium

If the migrant policy was Sunak's election battle plan then it failed miserably at PMQs. His Governments record was cut to pieces by Starmer and the SNP leader Stephen Flynn made him look pathetic with his question regarding a sex trafficked migrant.

Paloma nailing the response aside does that policy mean if you are dragged into this country, essentially sold into slavery and then Suella the Cuntstorm find out.....tough shit, that's your own fault?

Last edited:
Back