• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

He's insisting that the Bill "will work". Despite the fact that they haven't properly written it yet and they don't know if it's legal. I've got some news for you, Mr Potato Head.

I also petition for a thread title change to "Titchy Rish! at it again".

It's mad how fucking awful they are.

They know it won't get through the Lords, or the courts as it's illegal. But they don't care, it gives them a culture war to fight, lefties to blame when it goes wrong, and is literally the only reason they've got for people to vote for them.

I see that Gary Lineker is in trouble again for expressing an opinion. 30p Lee and his cronies are outraged that a BBC presenter can tweet something that isn't supportive of Government policy.
I'd never have known about it if it wasn't for the pile on by the Conservative Party. In a way, what they are doing is counter productive as the BBC are reporting what Lineker said as a news item whereas their coverage yesterday was limited to the Government wanting to stop the Channel Crossings and the opposite view that their would be legal challenges to the policy.

That cunt Braverman being outright dishonest on TV has boiled my piss more than Jinkerbelle this morning.

Absolute cunt of a person.

Didn't she say in Parliament that she thought that it was legal, but in a letter to Conservative MPs stated that there less than a 50% chance that it was?

I see that Gary Lineker is in trouble again for expressing an opinion. 30p Lee and his cronies are outraged that a BBC presenter can tweet something that isn't supportive of Government policy.
I'd never have known about it if it wasn't for the pile on by the Conservative Party. In a way, what they are doing is counter productive as the BBC are reporting what Lineker said as a news item whereas their coverage yesterday was limited to the Government wanting to stop the Channel Crossings and the opposite view that their would be legal challenges to the policy.

Trying to silence the media is DEFINITELY not a Nazi-esque thing to do at all

Following the comments, the Home Secretary told BBC One's Breakfast: "I'm disappointed, obviously. I think it's unhelpful to compare our measures, which are lawful, proportionate and - indeed - compassionate, to 1930s Germany.
She calls it compassionate FFS. But she can't say it is lawful.

They are going to spend every day until the election turning the country into a pariah state just to appease the right wing press and a small loud band of gammon nut jobs.

Do you think he needs a booster step?

D21EF995-2C57-4DB7-8BAD-DE1CAAB044AC.jpeg

They are going to spend every day until the election turning the country into a pariah state just to appease the right wing press and a small loud band of gammon nut jobs.

It’s very sad but inevitable after fucking everything else up the Tories are going to throw everything at this. I’d be very cautious though about dismissing this as just appeasing the right wing press and a handful of nut jobs. It’s going to be very effective and tap right into the prejudices of an awful lot of people that are very angry about the failures of the systems and resentful of the ‘illegals’ irrespective of the circumstances.

It’s very sad but inevitable after fucking everything else up the Tories are going to throw everything at this. I’d be very cautious though about dismissing this as just appeasing the right wing press and a handful of nut jobs. It’s going to be very effective and tap right into the prejudices of an awful lot of people that are very angry about the failures of the systems and resentful of the ‘illegals’ irrespective of the circumstances.
It will certainly tap into the Brexit types who voted for Johnson. What won't go in their favour is that this is a problem that has happened on the Conservatives watch and they haven't got anywhere near to solving it. It'll be the fault of lefty lawyers, and Labour MPs writing letters asking for asylum seekers to stay when no progress has been made on it over the next 18 months.

It will certainly tap into the Brexit types who voted for Johnson. What won't go in their favour is that this is a problem that has happened on the Conservatives watch and they haven't got anywhere near to solving it. It'll be the fault of lefty lawyers, and Labour MPs writing letters asking for asylum seekers to stay when no progress has been made on it over the next 18 months.

I agree, hopefully there will be enough people recognising the points you make, but I’m not convinced. I must’ve been naive because the primary topic of conversation anecdotally is ‘the boats’ / illegals / hotels, and didn’t appreciate the strength of feeling or the lack of interest in the detail - it’s just something people want stopped.

All that said, do think the Tories are toast anyway. They’ll recover a good chunk of votes over this, but it’s pissing in the wind relative to the votes lost due the real-world affects of their shambolic governance on everyone else.

She's increeased the 100m people that are coming to billions this morning.

As for Lineker I'm surprised to see the Mail going after him, given they were big fans of the regime in 1930s Germany
Billions FFS. The total world population is 8 billion!

I overheard a conversation last night with 3 Brexity types. The message is landing, they aren't interested in detail, just having their prejudices reinforced

Back