• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leo Bonatini

Is he good enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jota up against Terry would be brilliant.

JT struggled against Jon Dadi in the cup game last season - he's going to spend more time on his arse than his feet up against Jota!

Regards Leo, personally I think he offers the perfect balance for our other players and allows us to play in a particular style. However, like v Burton, we also have the option to go full out and out pace/skill with a front three of Jota-Cav-Costa (which is obscene at this level). It's a fantastic position for us to be in. Whichever player misses out - and they'll all be rotated in and out - will be hungry to do something when they come off the bench. We've already seen it with Cav being drip-fed in to the 11 at the start of the season and his reaction to that. Same with Leo at the weekend.

Competition for places is what everyone wants and bar RWB, we have it everywhere.

22046876_1905372636379600_5236277314005400441_n.jpg

I think one the players who said it but having Jota upfront gives us a really good counter to the high-press which teams are employing against us. Having someone like that running at your back 4 is always going to cause problems.

Bonatini doesn't have the same level of pace so isn't (or won't?) be as effective in that situation but if teams are sitting deep i'd want him up front with Costa + Jota playing off him as I think he's better with his back to goal.

It does feel like we have genuine options to counter tactics teams us against us.

Seriously how good is this guy? What a signing this has been and i know most of us thought he was good enough but i'm not sure any of us could have imagined he would hit the form he has recently. Those that didn't think he was good enough, are you converted?

He's got 9 goals already and realistically with some of the chances he has missed it wouldn't be daft if he had 12 or 13. Then you look at his work off the ball and he's only 23. Sign him up Jeff.

I expect the deal for Leo to be done at approximately 12.01am on Jan 1.

We've got an absolute steal, he'll cost us about a third of what Boro paid for Assombalonga.

I expect the deal for Leo to be done at approximately 12.01am on Jan 1.

We've got an absolute steal, he'll cost us about a third of what Boro paid for Assombalonga.

Absolutely, why was he playing in Saudi?

Not a question I can answer. Lycan told me last week that he was linked with Sporting when he was with Estoril. Now, maybe he had faith in his agent getting him a move after a year of coining it in while in Saudi but that's very risky indeed.

We did well to get him when he was so far off the radar, I have a strong suspicion Nuno actually prompted this one himself.

I had my doubts, I'm absolutely a believer now.

Apparently Al-Hilal's sporting director when Leo signed for them was a Uruguayan; I suppose it's possible they had a previous connection through some South American agent or other. Or maybe they were just throwing stupid money at him. I can't fault him for getting paid.

So who do we credit for finding him? Nuno? Mendes? Or Thelwell - because if it were the latter it wipes out all the mistakes he's made

So who do we credit for finding him? Nuno? Mendes? Or Thelwell - because if it were the latter it wipes out all the mistakes he's made

Don't you know, the bad signings are all Thelwell, and the good signings most definitely aren't :icon_lol:

Back