• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leo Bonatini

Is he good enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
#notgoodenough
23803bd72d1887d6054dc5606aae634e.jpg

Amazing! I bet there are still people who don't rate him

I meant wolves fans lol, I don't know much about FIFA but pace 80 seems a bit generous!

Amazing! I bet there are still people who don't rate him

I don't think there are any people who don't rate him, but I do think there are people who over-rate him.

In the first half of the game on Saturday against Burton he sat on the bench and we went three goals up, so he isn't indispensable.

Having said that, he fits the system well and scored a good goal in the second half and has shown he will be a good squad player for us. I'm glad we have him at Wolves and I would like him to stay with us after this season.

I don't think there are any people who don't rate him, but I do think there are people who over-rate him.

In the first half of the game on Saturday against Burton he sat on the bench and we went three goals up, so he isn't indispensable.

Having said that, he fits the system well and scored a good goal in the second half and has shown he will be a good squad player for us. I'm glad we have him at Wolves and I would like him to stay with us after this season.

There were loads of fans that didn't rate him and they are slowly coming round. I think you're wrong in saying there are those that over rate him they just realise what he's good at and why he is in the team when he is rather than those who don't rate him because he's not the type of striker they want. Proved yesterday that he doesn't have to play but 4 goals and 4 assists so far is pretty good.

I've heard a fair few people sitting around me who don't rate him. Madness.

I think some people don't get or understand how we set up. They want their striker doing what they would do in a 4-4-2 set up.

I'm not saying I'm a brain surgeon or Mastermind champion - there are a number of fans who obviously weren't in the top band for English or Maths etc. at school and know sweet FA about what they are shouting about.

I think some people don't get or understand how we set up. They want their striker doing what they would do in a 4-4-2 set up.

Agreed.

I'm not saying I'm a brain surgeon or Mastermind champion - there are a number of fans who obviously weren't in the top band for English or Maths etc. at school and know sweet FA about what they are shouting about.

Agreed.

Agree, it's madness. He is a quality player who is an asset to the club. I understand that people want a 'big' signing for striker, but unless it's someone that can do what Leo does and is more clinical and good in the air, I wouldn't bother as the squad showed yesterday they can manage.

He's is quite different than anything I can remember up top and playing a role we are not accustomed to seeing.

It works, but we have options to switch things up and go a bit more direct as we did yesterday either way we have a good set of tools to get the job done.

I think Leo has been terrific so far and I hope we sign him permanently when the opportunity is there.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Some complain that he's not a clinical striker, but has 4 goals & 4 assists already

Carry that on over the season & that's at least 15 goals which is a more than fair return ignoring any help he gives for others to score as well. He's not a 'traditional Championship striker which appears to confuse some - that's not what we needed though & he fits us.

It's madness given Leo's output, but I personally think Jota's the way forward up front. He was excellent yesterday and dragged the defence all over the place and then had the pace to get in behind, all whilst holding the ball up just like Leo does. It also means we can get all three of Jota/Costa/Cav playing together.

Some complain that he's not a clinical striker, but has 4 goals & 4 assists already

Carry that on over the season & that's at least 15 goals which is a more than fair return ignoring any help he gives for others to score as well. He's not a 'traditional Championship striker which appears to confuse some - that's not what we needed though & he fits us.

I'm not confused at all, PLF, and know he's not a 'traditional Championship striker' but if he was a 'clinical' striker he would have at least 7 goals to his name IMO.

I'm not confused at all, PLF, and know he's not a 'traditional Championship striker' but if he was a 'clinical' striker he would have at least 7 goals to his name IMO.

Wasn't referring most on here as being confused - though there are elsewhere.

As to taking more of the chances that he has had - there's not been a Championship striker who has taken all as they would have been bought by a Premier team if they did

Isn't the case that we have already had 12 different players score this season? Can't be many teams anywhere near that. And Leo is only 23: only going to improve. Will be interesting to see our strikers/false 9 agaisnt John Terry in a fortnight's time

Jota up against Terry would be brilliant.

Wasn't referring most on here as being confused - though there are elsewhere.

As to taking more of the chances that he has had - there's not been a Championship striker who has taken all as they would have been bought by a Premier team if they did

I wasn't talking about all the chances he's had, and he's not as good as Jota and Jota wasn't bought by a Premier team so I don't accept that argument. It will be interesting to see how he gets on as time goes by and I hope he can continue to score and make assists at least as well as he has so far.

Back