• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leo Bonatini

Is he good enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So not Nuno then before the window shut. Not like you to be a contrary so and so and use facts just to fit your point is it?
If we tried to sign him then you can assume Nuno had a say in it.

And yet you and others cannot for some reason compute

"Someone else would be better" doesn't equal "current player isn't good enough"

This thread, although started with honest intentions, isn't really about Leo is it ?? :)

:icon_lol:

I personally think Cavaleiro does more than just a 'job' as the main forward. He has plenty of experience playing as a striker

Yet Cav is only used as a sustitute, so maybe the manager does not see it that way.

Either way a couple of injuries or suspensions to our forwards and we will be struggling. I make no apology for repeating that it was a folly to let Dicko go before we had signed a striker.

Yet Cav is only used as a sustitute, so maybe the manager does not see it that way.

Either way a couple of injuries or suspensions to our forwards and we will be struggling. I make no apology for repeating that it was a folly to let Dicko go before we had signed a striker.

He's been a substitute so far because he was suspended for the first couple of games in which Bright did very well. Against Millwall Ivan will start. He was really good against Southampton. The fact that he might not get in the starting eleven when Costa is back is scary, because he is a seriously good player and why I think Nuno will play him centrally eventually

He's been a substitute so far because he was suspended for the first couple of games in which Bright did very well. Against Millwall Ivan will start. He was really good against Southampton. The fact that he might not get in the starting eleven when Costa is back is scary, because he is a seriously good player and why I think Nuno will play him centrally eventually

I think that's what will happen for a fair chunk of games, a fluid front 3 of Costa, Jota and Cav.

I think that's what will happen for a fair chunk of games, a fluid front 3 of Costa, Jota and Cav.

agree. personally i'm hoping fluidity and movement is what we're aiming for from the front options, with whoever being the free man in the best position having the capability to take the chance. I don't mind the use of the full width of the pitch providing there's ultimately a goal threat to it - wide men attacking back posts, or if/when they're both wide, an attacking midfielder looking to exploit gaps, some of which will often be created by the striker moving away from goal to link up play. so I think the right sort of striker is key and had that suited dicko, he'd probably still be here.

when things don't work out in a particular game we're all probably guilty of saying, if only we had kept this type player or that one, but if the style of the team doesn't change, imo it would be largely irrelevant.

So judging Leo Bonatini on what you've seen of him so far, why don't you think he's good enough?

Bonatini is good enough in my opinion.

I also think our current striker alternatives (Cav, Jota, Costa) are better than any striker we let go. I'd have no problem with Wilson getting game time either

Bonatini is good enough in my opinion.

I also think our current striker alternatives (Cav, Jota, Costa) are better than any striker we let go. I'd have no problem with Wilson getting game time either
Agree with all of this. My main problem with the deadline day activity is the club's failure to manage expectations and/or naivety in terms of putting all the eggs in one basket at the last minute. I've no problem with selling Dicko and Bod and sending Mason out on loan. This was no "fire sale" - it was getting rid of dead wood (and we've had a very good window in that respect).

I think that Jeff is putting out a smokescreen. It is painfully obvious that Locadia was supposed to the cherry on the icing on the cake. Saying that, from what I have seen, Leo is very capable of doing a decent job, and Cav or Jota in that position when Helder is back give us some nice alternatives. It is a shame that we didn't get that one more forward to top it all off, but we do have some options there.

Agree with all of this. My main problem with the deadline day activity is the club's failure to manage expectations and/or naivety in terms of putting all the eggs in one basket at the last minute. I've no problem with selling Dicko and Bod and sending Mason out on loan. This was no "fire sale" - it was getting rid of dead wood (and we've had a very good window in that respect).

It does appear they had an interest in a few players...Locadia, Martin, Remy - all of whom would be a challenge to get at any time. Our forward options are pretty impressive so getting someone in who would be an improvement isn't that easy.

Slow in thought and pace. Good control links play well, butstands around instead of getting inn
the box. He is very slow to react

It does appear they had an interest in a few players...Locadia, Martin, Remy - all of whom would be a challenge to get at any time. Our forward options are pretty impressive so getting someone in who would be an improvement isn't that easy.

They know we need anotger striker, and that Bonatini is not good enough over 46 games.

Good enough back up.
Nit quick.enough for a sub but coukd come in to.play games when our first striker got injured or needed a rest

Slow in thought and pace. Good control links play well, butstands around instead of getting inn
the box. He is very slow to react

I haven't seen a player slow in thought or react as his goal against Boro involved him reading the defenders square, pass intercepting, sitting the keeper on his arse and stroking home.

He may have just had a bad day against Brentford or a blinder against Boro.

I haven't seen a player slow in thought or react as his goal against Boro involved him reading the defenders square, pass intercepting, sitting the keeper on his arse and stroking home.

He may have just had a bad day against Brentford or a blinder against Boro.

He read fuck all it was a bad pass to his feet he did not need to move

They know we need anotger striker, and that Bonatini is not good enough over 46 games.

Good enough back up.
Nit quick.enough for a sub but coukd come in to.play games when our first striker got injured or needed a rest

The mistake you're making is thinking Bonatini isn't good enough. He is.

You are right he can't do it on his own all season. The two things aren't connected.

Back