• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

IM JUST SO FUCKING TIRED MY WOLVES, THE TEAM I LOVE MAKING ONE WRONG DECISION AFTER ANOTHER DESPITE NOW HAVING THE CASH TO MAKE IT RIGHT! rant over...

Unbelievable. I rarely call for a managers head, but Lambert must go now. To be worse than Saunders takes some doing.

Why are you calling for Lambert's head but never called for the other managers prior to this season to be sacked when they went through a bad run? I'm guessing here but I don't believe you even called for Saunders to be sacked after that stat you quoted. I don't understand why your viewpoint on giving a manager some time has changed so dramatically.

I'm not a big fan of sacking managers but we need something. If we don't beat Rotherham or Ipswich surely he's done.

I think so - Ipswich is winnable and Rotherham is must win. If we lose both of those he'd deservedly toast. I don't think we will lose them both though.

I dont think we will beat Ipswich away with the current manager and approach..Rotherham maybe if he is still in charge..IF our FOSUN owners know some football(even kids stuff will do for me) then they will sack PL earliest possiblle moment..and maybe we will remain in the chumps(did i just type that? i thought we were fighting for promotion)

I dont think we will beat Ipswich away with the current manager and approach..Rotherham maybe if he is still in charge..IF our FOSUN owners know some football(even kids stuff will do for me) then they will sack PL earliest possiblle moment..and maybe we will remain in the chumps(did i just type that? i thought we were fighting for promotion)

What, you've given up on the playoffs??

Unless we get gubbed 6-0 or something on Tuesday then he won't get sacked this week. IF we lose on Tuesday and then somehow contrive to lose at Molineux to a Rotherham team who have one point away from home all season, then he might go.

At which point we'd almost certainly be in the bottom three with 11 games to go and having lost seven straight league games. Who on earth do you think is going to take that job?! You can forget someone like Rowett, why would he take the risk? You'd be resorting to the likes of the truly desperate like Steve Cotterill, no-one else would touch it. I don't see how that is going to help us.

Well many things need to change even if I myself have to sort this mess out.. Give me your vision Dan please? What do YOU want?

I want Paul Lambert to get us the four wins and handful of draws we need and then gut this shitheap of a squad.

Why are you calling for Lambert's head but never called for the other managers prior to this season to be sacked when they went through a bad run? I'm guessing here but I don't believe you even called for Saunders to be sacked after that stat you quoted. I don't understand why your viewpoint on giving a manager some time has changed so dramatically.

I was never really in favour of Lambert's appointment, but I think I said so at the time. Early results were not encouraging, but a very good January made me reconsider. Since then Lambert has just lost the plot.

Regarding the Saunders era, you are correct I did not ask for him to be sacked, but the big difference is we now have billionaire owners who have overseen the current situation.

So you still have belief in him then? Lost for me after these shit sides losses..

I was never really in favour of Lambert's appointment, but I think I said so at the time. Early results were not encouraging, but a very good January made me reconsider. Since then Lambert has just lost the plot.

Regarding the Saunders era, you are correct I did not ask for him to be sacked, but the big difference is we now have billionaire owners who have overseen the current situation.

Steve Morgan was hardly in the poorhouse.

I haven't lost all faith in him, I've seen enough good to go along with the bad to suggest he isn't a lost cause. You can't keep sacking managers after less than six months because no-one will want to work for you and there's only so much anyone can do with what we have.

As I've said, I'm not especially happy with him right now and I consider him to have underperformed.

Getting 0 points out of Burton, Wigan and Blues is a shocking state of affairs and that's why we are where we are - had we won two of them, we wouldn't really be especially worried about the drop now - but I don't quite understand why everyone's blowing up at him tonight? Reading have been in the top six all season, they started the day 25 points above us. Whatever we sent out, it wasn't that likely to get the job done. Everyone hates our defence, he changes the lot, brings in Saiss which everyone has been calling for over the last few weeks....gets slated for changing the team. And we actually played alright by all accounts.

We had a seriously rich owner when Saunders was employed - who was much more culpable in his hiring than fosun are with lamber

Be madness to sack Lambert now.
Today shows that he seems to realise the errors of this ways
- Saiss starting a match
- Anyone but Doherty at left back
- Hause & Iorfa back in
- Williamson back
- Marshall looks like he had been put through his paces, looking a stone lighter in the process

Now if he continues this with say
- dropping Edwards
- Price with Saiss in the middle

We will then start to pull away from the bottom 3

Unless we get gubbed 6-0 or something on Tuesday then he won't get sacked this week. IF we lose on Tuesday and then somehow contrive to lose at Molineux to a Rotherham team who have one point away from home all season, then he might go.

At which point we'd almost certainly be in the bottom three with 11 games to go and having lost seven straight league games. Who on earth do you think is going to take that job?! You can forget someone like Rowett, why would he take the risk? You'd be resorting to the likes of the truly desperate like Steve Cotterill, no-one else would touch it. I don't see how that is going to help us.
This is why I would have Lambert gone by tomorrow, I'd use Mendes to get someone (anyone) with a bit of a name in till the end of the season on a huge 'keep us up' incentive. One more loss dooms us I think as we will be in total freefall, where as a new manager or new ideas might be enough to get us over the line. Totally lost faith in Lambert, don't often agree with Danny Mills but last week he described Lambert as a losing manager, pointing out his success with Norwich was a long time ago now in football, the choices, tactics and selections I've seen from him doesn't indicate I'd be happy for him to be in charge of a rebuild.

This is why I would have Lambert gone by tomorrow, I'd use Mendes to get someone (anyone) with a bit of a name in till the end of the season on a huge 'keep us up' incentive. One more loss dooms us I think as we will be in total freefall, where as a new manager or new ideas might be enough to get us over the line. Totally lost faith in Lambert, don't often agree with Danny Mills but last week he described Lambert as a losing manager, pointing out his success with Norwich was a long time ago now in football, the choices, tactics and selections I've seen from him doesn't indicate I'd be happy for him to be in charge of a rebuild.

Problem is.
If this happens we need to get someone in with an entire new backroom staff or else the same old players will be paraded out again
because any new manager is going to be swayed by the current lot behind the scenes.

It would need a new manager with lots of fresh eyes to look over the team and time is against us in that respect.

Underperformed big time, tough luck, leave.. Not hard is it

Back