• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

just go away Lambert, you have nothing to do here anymore

I think sometimes a coach is only as good as the players he's got under his charge. Find the three best goalkeeping coaches in the world, let them all work together in the most intensive fashion possible and they'll never make anything out of Carl Ikeme because he isn't very good.

I think with a better goalkeeping coach you could improve Ikeme a fair bit. If you use his extensive experience properly, identify and sharpen his actual skills, and introduce new and better methods and a bit of goalkeeping art, you can partly make up a bit of space, say from 6 to 7.5 out of 10. But if he's only scoring 1 or 2 out of 10 regarding natural talent, you're still gazing at a turd whilst forlornly holding a polishing cloth.

losing to all the shitsides in the league is really killing us..six-pointers everytime and we come up short..our team should be firmly midtable

forget Ikeme WH, history soon i hope

Attacking the owners is just daft. We're in this message because of shit players and shit management.

The owners came in with a fanfare, and it is they who sacked Jackett, and then appointed Zenga and Lambert. They have also allowed the club to sign league one players on long term contracts. I would say they must take a lot of the blame for the current situation. And while I accept that the football was not great under Jackett, if he was still in charge I doubt if we would be staring at relegation.

The owners came in with a fanfare, and it is they who sacked Jackett, and then appointed Zenga and Lambert. They have also allowed the club to sign league one players on long term contracts. I would say they must take a lot of the blame for the current situation. And while I accept that the football was not great under Jackett, if he was still in charge I doubt if we would be staring at relegation.
What do you want then Frank? The new owners set out to improve the team and get us up, zenga didn't work out and they then went with the tried and tested bog standard British manager (to your approval I imagine). I'd much rather go down than watch any more of those dreadful 0-0s from last season - yes I actually mean that too, last season was the worst I have ever seen at wolves.

What do you want then Frank? The new owners set out to improve the team and get us up, zenga didn't work out and they then went with the tried and tested bog standard British manager (to your approval I imagine). I'd much rather go down than watch any more of those dreadful 0-0s from last season - yes I actually mean that too, last season was the worst I have ever seen at wolves.

No I did not think that Lambert was the correct choice, but after a few encouraging performances in January I thought maybe I was wrong about him. But now he has reverted to the Saunders method of selection, put all the names in a bag and pick out the first eleven. If we go down again there is no guarantee we will get back up like we did last time. It is rather poor that we are in this position, but I would sack Lambert tomorrow and ask Rowett to keep us in this division.

No I did not think that Lambert was the correct choice, but after a few encouraging performances in January I thought maybe I was wrong about him. But now he has reverted to the Saunders method of selection, put all the names in a bag and pick out the first eleven. If we go down again there is no guarantee we will get back up like we did last time. It is rather poor that we are in this position, but I would sack Lambert tomorrow and ask Rowett to keep us in this division.
I'm not a Lambert fan, but it's too late to sack him. End of the season maybe.

pay a good manager from abroad some decent cash and watch what he will do(a clearout of course) im still fuming we didt got Marco Silva who is at Hull now(lucky bastards), he has actually made Hull(yes, the tigers) play some very good football AND have a good defence

just look what Rafa has done with newcastle

Dan, could you stick up a comparison in a bit of detail, of Saunders' time here and how it compares to Lambert please?

It's not about our owners Frank, I think they have Lambert, about whom I'm unconvinced still, on a fairly short lead, though I did post after the Birmingham game, having seen Wigan, Burton and Birmingham and just spent the money they have, just what the $#@! do they imagine they've gotten into here, having chosen Zenga, then clearly learnt that lesson, appointed Lambert?

apparently

SAUNDERS - P17 W5 D5 L7 F21 A25 Pts20

LAMBERT - P17 W5 D3 L9 F21 A25 Pts18

I'm not a Lambert fan, but it's too late to sack him. End of the season maybe.

But that could be too late. I just cannot understand how we are in such an awful mess. Why oh why did we not improve the squad in January?

Fucking hell

Cup run has kept him floating i guess

But that could be too late. I just cannot understand how we are in such an awful mess. Why oh why did we not improve the squad in January?
Ask Kevin Thelwell. I know which pub in Stafford he drinks in, I'd ask him myself but I suspect I wouldn't be able to do it politely.

These are supposed to be professionals in signing players etc.. They dont seem to have a clue do they...

Dan, could you stick up a comparison in a bit of detail, of Saunders' time here and how it compares to Lambert please?

For a kick off, I'd argue Saunders inherited a short term better position than Lambert. He had Ward and Berra at his disposal, both are way superior to anything we have at the moment and have proven their ability since they left us (he chose not to pick them, moron that he is). He had £25k a week spare to chuck at Gorkss in an attempt to "improve" the defence. He had De Vries as proper competition for Ikeme - indeed he should have been in the team in the first place. For all that I slated Doyle in his final years here, he got 9 goals in 2012/13 which while relatively paltry, is still probably more than any of our strikers will score this season, then of course he had SEB pre-injury who managed to get 14 before he was crocked and Sako whose end product was even then - while he was adapting to English football - better than Costa's at this stage (not a criticism of Helder at all).

So he had better resources both at the back and up front, and took over with us a fair way further clear of the bottom three than Lambert did. Lambert didn't then lead us on a NINE game winless run which firmly anchored us in a relegation fight.

Lambert doesn't talk utter fucking nonsense every day, didn't try to sign someone like Marlon King, when people talk about "random selections" I think they fail to comprehend what it was about Saunders' drivel that was so infuriating - merely making changes to an underperforming side is not the same as playing Jamie O'Hara on the left wing to "confuse the opposition for 15 minutes" FFS. Saunders happened to fluke some wins in March 2013 but when you actually examine them in any kind of detail - the one over Bristol City which is one of the worst games I've ever seen at Molineux (and believe me, there is some seriously fucking stiff competition for that prize), the one against Blues where we went 3-0 up but should really have lost 6-3 in the end, the one against a Mowbray Boro team where both teams ended up not bothering with defending and we came out on top almost by random - there isn't any comparison really. When we have won under Lambert, we've largely deserved to and played well.

Am I happy with Lambert? No. Can't be really, we've lost six straight games and I did not expect us to continue bobbing along in the bottom six when he came in. Do I think he's underperformed? Definitely, our football has regressed over the last month and he has to carry the can for it. But comparing him with the worst manager in British football in 30 years? A total joke figure who played some utterly horrific stuff? Please, have a word.

I'm not a big fan of sacking managers but we need something. If we don't beat Rotherham or Ipswich surely he's done.

For a kick off, I'd argue Saunders inherited a short term better position than Lambert. He had Ward and Berra at his disposal, both are way superior to anything we have at the moment and have proven their ability since they left us. He had £25k a week spare to chuck at Gorkss in an attempt to "improve" the defence. He had De Vries as proper competition for Ikeme - indeed he should have been in the team in the first place. For all that I slated Doyle in his final years here, he got 9 goals in 2012/13 which while relatively paltry, is still probably more than any of our strikers will score this season, then of course he had SEB pre-injury he managed to get 14 before he was crocked and Sako whose end product was even then - while he was adapting - better than Costa's at this stage (not a criticism of Helder at all).

So he had better resources both at the back and up front, and took over with us a fair way further clear of the bottom three than Lambert did. Lambert didn't then lead us on a NINE game winless run which firmly anchored us in a relegation fight.

Lambert doesn't talk utter fucking nonsense every day, didn't try to sign someone like Marlon King, when people talk about "random selections" I think they fail to comprehend what it was about Saunders' drivel that was so infuriating - merely making changes to an underperforming side is not the same as playing Jamie O'Hara on the left wing to "confuse the opposition for 15 minutes" FFS. Saunders happened to fluke some wins in March 2013 but when you actually examine them in any kind of detail - the one over Bristol City which is one of the worst games I've ever seen at Molineux (and believe me, there is some seriously fucking stiff competition for that prize), the one against Blues where we went 3-0 up but should really have lost 6-3 in the end, the one against a Mowbray Boro team where both teams ended up not bothering with defending and we came out on top almost by random - there isn't any comparison really. When we have won under Lambert, we've largely deserved to and played well.

Am I happy with Lambert? No. Can't be really, we've lost six straight games and I did not expect us to continue bobbing along in the bottom six when he came in. Do I think he's underperformed? Definitely, our football has regressed over the last month and he has to carry the can for it. But comparing him with the worst manager in British football in 30 years? A total joke figure who played some utterly horrific stuff? Please, have a word.

agree with the not talking nosense stuff but he clearly isnt a manager for us....no way

Back