• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

Problem is.
If this happens we need to get someone in with an entire new backroom staff or else the same old players will be paraded out again
because any new manager is going to be swayed by the current lot behind the scenes.

It would need a new manager with lots of fresh eyes to look over the team and time is against us in that respect.

get a fucking caretaker in, better than Lambert

Underperformed big time, tough luck, leave.. Not hard is it

This is harder work than it should be...

No-one who is any good is going to join us right now, it would make no sense for them to do so. They can't sign anyone, the squad has serious weaknesses running right through it, confidence is clearly low and you could easily get relegated - so that goes on your record, you are complicit in taking Wolves down when they spent close to £30m in the Championship (whether that is fair or not).

Pretty easy to sack managers, anyone on here could do that. You aren't going to find someone appreciably better than Lambert to take the job that exists for the next two months.

This is harder work than it should be...

No-one who is any good is going to join us right now, it would make no sense for them to do so. They can't sign anyone, the squad has serious weaknesses running right through it, confidence is clearly low and you could easily get relegated - so that goes on your record, you are complicit in taking Wolves down when they spent close to £30m in the Championship (whether that is fair or not).

Pretty easy to sack managers, anyone on here could do that. You aren't going to find someone appreciably better than Lambert to take the job that exists for the next two months.

I know but we need a change to wake the players up..was my point..i know we arent getting mou in the last few games of the season but players need to react

£800m v £3000m isn't actually that different.
Nearly 4 times richer by my crap maths,apparently a million quid in £20 notes is the height of a double decker bus,Morgan had 800 piles,fosun have 3000,if they were trees it's a small wood vs a huge forest of money,if any of that makes sense? Millions and billions end up just being words and you can't get your head round what it looks like.

Recently Cardiff City, and Queens Park Rangers have been vilified on here for employing Messrs. Warnock and Holloway, and yet they have had positive effects on their respective clubs. Mowbray has won his two games since being employed at Blackburn Rovers. Is it only Wolves that that cannot improve once a new manager is appointed?

We did improve under Lambert, quite significantly too. We've slipped back since.

Warnock has done an exceptional job at both of his last two clubs but I'd never want him here for a litany of reasons. Holloway hasn't really improved things at QPR.

Yeah, so lets just stick with the defensive wizard...

I give up with you tonight Fred, go and talk to someone else.

For me, it doesn't really matter who we employ as manager he still has the same group. We aren't like Derby earlier in the season post Pearson who had several capable players collectively underperforming, a new manager wouldn't see us string wins together and move upwards because they simply aren't good enough, not now, not ever.

Point to Blackburn all you like but Derby have been in appalling form of late and they beat Wigan. It's a welcome six points for them sure, but hardly indicative of a new manager bounce. They've won two winnable games.

Changing the manager won't change it, the only thing it does do is give Rob Edwards another crack and he proved enough in his stint earlier this season.

The whole club is rotten, through and through.

No point in sacking Lambert, now, as no decent manager would accept the Head Coach job. We would end up with another Lambert or Saunders-type.

Fosun need to have a total and utter clear-out, in the close season, whatever division we are then in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I would have Lambert gone by tomorrow, I'd use Mendes to get someone (anyone) with a bit of a name in till the end of the season on a huge 'keep us up' incentive. One more loss dooms us I think as we will be in total freefall, where as a new manager or new ideas might be enough to get us over the line. Totally lost faith in Lambert, don't often agree with Danny Mills but last week he described Lambert as a losing manager, pointing out his success with Norwich was a long time ago now in football, the choices, tactics and selections I've seen from him doesn't indicate I'd be happy for him to be in charge of a rebuild.

I'd agree with this completely. I'm going to disagree with Dan, I don't see any difference in the actual football between either Celtic shithouse.

Yes Saunders may have started with a better squad but then again Lambert had the chance to change his and didn't. Getting hard to see the difference between the 2 now.

I should add that I'd get Warburton and his staff right now but it has to com at the expense of Lambert and all of the backroom staff, analysts, coaches, Thelwell. I'd only keep the medical and match scouting staff. Incentive is to stay up and keep the job.

A couple of fairly damning points made on Twitter last night:

March 6th 2013 - one point above Championship relegation
March 4th 2017 - one point above Championship relegation (and only one constant there, Mr Thelwell)

And that Lambert now has a worse record than Dean Saunders - that can't be true can it?

I think the best case scenario now is that we stay up by the skin of our teeth and get Rowett in the summer

I know I shouldn't do it but looking at the other sides fixtures 47 points will probably be enough to stay up, the games at Fulham and Leeds are where I can't see us getting anything. Think Burton have a very tough run in still got to play Newcastle, Sheff We'd, Reading, Huddersfield and Leeds I think.

We are surely due to get some points soon, just on law of averages? If we lose Tuesday and don't beat Rotherham I think things might get very ugly at Molineux on Saturday and personally I don't see how Lambert could survive.

I think the best case scenario now is that we stay up by the skin of our teeth and get Rowett in the summer

Yep, Lambert is now statistically on par with Saunders. That should tell us everything we need to know, plus, from an objective point of view the sides he picks are just strange - he leaves out the better players and persists with Edwards as a creative player when it just doesn't work.

I get that we have to be pragmatic but if Rowett is available and would take the job it's a no brainer for me

For me, it doesn't really matter who we employ as manager he still has the same group. We aren't like Derby earlier in the season post Pearson who had several capable players collectively underperforming, a new manager wouldn't see us string wins together and move upwards because they simply aren't good enough, not now, not ever.

Point to Blackburn all you like but Derby have been in appalling form of late and they beat Wigan. It's a welcome six points for them sure, but hardly indicative of a new manager bounce. They've won two winnable games.

Changing the manager won't change it, the only thing it does do is give Rob Edwards another crack and he proved enough in his stint earlier this season.

Derby we lost 3 2 , Wigan doubled us. I would happily have taken Blackburns results against those with kenny Everitt in charge let alone lambert. Lambert and wolves gambled on a squad that has little quality Costa and cav aside and an inability to score goals. The failure to effectively bolster the squad in January was a crass error of judgement that should see lambert and thelwell together with about 10 players leave the club by June regardless of what division. The only difference is Costa and cav definitely won't be here next year if we do go down. Lambert and Thelwell fucked up. Fall on your sword. Worst home record bar the bottom 2 in league 2 in the whole EFL. If we do stay up it is more by luck than judgement

I give up with you tonight Fred, go and talk to someone else.
Had a lot of beers last night but nevertheless it was correct and from my heart and brain..

Nigel Pearson wouldnt be one point of the bottom of the table, I'm very sure of that.

Reality is the squad is full of shite so you won't get a new manager bounce even if Lambert is sacked. Whilst performance's have been shite 3 of the last 5 we have lost the opposition had no right winning either. Yesterday, Newcastle and Wigan plus a last gasp winner at Burton.
We aren't getting battered every one we've lost in reality could have gone either way.

Back