• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

I really hope he starts and Lambert sounded like he was pleased with his performance but without that much match sharpness would Saiss being left out be such a huge shock?

OK then, left out of the 18

Lose this and we could be getting VERY close to the endgame. Nonsense selection.

I think he gets a pass for tonight's game, but Saturday has become a MUST-WIN or get sacked game.

I'm going on Saturday and I've not seen us lose at home yet this season.

#hopeful

Buy a masala express as mr tikka is gone, and then head to a pub rather than the ground. We are dreadful.

Lambert picked a side to do a job tonight, and they did that job and got a point.

Five games in two weeks doesn't help and may explain the team he picked for the 2nd one tonight. We'll see the kind of team he picks on Saturday, which he MUST win.

He is now backed into a corner with his squad and needs to show managerial skill to get the best out of them for the remaining games, even if it isn't pretty.

Results are more important than performances now.

I don't think Lambert (or Thelwell) are the people for the job. It just seems that they can't identify quality players over average ones.

Saville preferred over Cavaleiro
Coady et al preferred over Saiss
Baath being preferred over anyone
Edwards continually deployed at no. 10
Marshall being played when he was obviously unfit
Saville being played as a FB, I don't rate Doc but he's better than Saville at LB
Hoof ball tactics with Dicko as a lone striker

I'm sure there are more examples but these decisions alone make me think he's not the man for the job. It's like he's trying to make it hard for himself. The strange thing is I don't think the bloke is an idiot which males it even more unfathomable

I don't think Lambert (or Thelwell) are the people for the job. It just seems that they can't identify quality players over average ones.

Saville being played as a FB, I don't rate Doc but he's better than Saville at LB

I'm sure there are more examples but these decisions alone make me think he's not the man for the job. It's like he's trying to make it hard for himself. The strange thing is I don't think the bloke is an idiot which males it even more unfathomable

This exactly. I think there's a really good manager in Lambert, but for some strange reason he's making it far more difficult than it needs to be: I suspect he's also pissing off a fair few players as well as 90% of the fans.I just hope he's received some assurances re the summer ("Thelwell's being sacked") that we don't know about

Aye was thinking the same, we could all see with Saunders that the man clearly had pig shit for brains and was a bullshitter, which explained his team selections.

One thing with Lambert he was in the same spot last year with Blackburn, when we played them at home about this time last year he set up his side for a 0-0 against a mid-table side full of limited players and got it, in a truly awful game, he just repeated the same trick last night and it probably wont be the last time we see it before the end of the season.

Lambert is Kenny Jackett mK II.

Terrible selections and clueless game management. Look at as his use of subs FFS. 1 sub last night..... in the 82nd minute. Remind you of anyone?

Mike Taylor on WM who I like was fairly critical last night saying that the game was there to be won, but we didn't gamble to do so, more bothered about protecting the point than trying to win 3.

Mike Taylor on WM who I like was fairly critical last night saying that the game was there to be won, but we didn't gamble to do so, more bothered about protecting the point than trying to win 3.

Probably true, but we did hit the bar and the post in the final 5 minutes I believe.

Interesting question, how do we feel the season would've gone if we had stuck with Walter?

I don't think we'd have been anything better than mid table personally but I don't think for a second that we'd be in the position we are now.

I think we'd be even worse off. He had no concept of tactics at all and increasingly less respect from the players.

Let's look at what Zenga had us devolved to after a promising start:

- Conceding nearly every game in the first 15 minutes
- No real attempt to keep possession
- Full backs more or less told not to cross the halfway line
- A midfield which consisted of one ultra-defensive midfielder (who constantly got overwhelmed) and two other blokes milling around with no instructions
- One point from five games when he left (so a run only a touch better than our current one, which has everyone losing their shit)
- Incoherent interviews and touchline behaviour, including arguing with players from the sidelines
- Reprehensible personal off field conduct, I'm not sure managers should really be getting themselves barred from pubs for being a drunk and a letch
- Pissing off to Dubai all the fucking time, allegedly leaving Batth (?!) in charge of training on one of those visits

We have been abhorrent lately but like the Saunders comparisons, I think you can leave the Zenga comparisons at the door.

Back