• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

Solbakken was only worth retaining with hindsight as we know what happened afterwards - a more competent person (I won't say Manager as the replacement wasn't really one of those) would have at least been able to retain Championship status - even if only just

If we don't win today then I would expect that Lambert would be sacked. Though I expected him to be gone after last weeks defeat.

No chance he was getting sacked for losing to a team who started the day 25 points above us.

I wonder if lambert would look to bring Alan Irvine in if he leaves norwich when they appoint a new manager? I'd like to see a change in staff at the club...

Connor doesn't count, everyone knows he was a stand in plugged in for the rest of the season given no-one else would come (we'd be in exactly the same position now btw if we sacked Lambert).

I didn't want Solbakken gone until after Luton and then we did the deed anyway. I'd have wanted him gone regardless - his position was obviously untenable - but in a 50:50 shout with him and Saunders I'd have retained Chromedome. That would apply with pretty much any manager tbf.

I think I gave Saunders two games before I'd completely had enough of him and I would have been happy for Zenga to go after Norwich, which was less than two months after his first game.

Solbakken had us 3rd in early October so I'm not sure how the "couple of months" timeframe could really apply to him.
Our midweek home game against Millwall summed up Solbakken for me. Probably the worst game I have seen at Molineux.

Like you, I reckon Connor doesn't count. I felt sorry for the bloke. A good servant to the club who was essentially thrown under the bus. Damned if he did. Damned if he didn't.

Solbakken's first game of the season away at leeds was enough for me.

Our midweek home game against Millwall summed up Solbakken for me. Probably the worst game I have seen at Molineux. Like you state Connor doesn't count. I felt sorry for the bloke. A good servant to the club who was essentially thrown under the bus. Damned if he did. Damned if he didn't.

The horror show vs Peterborough at home around Xmas was when I knew he was done

That somewhat fortunate win has probably saved Lambert from the sack.

Sacking him now really isn't going to help - just need to get through these last 11 games with at least 3 other teams below us - unless we now go on a stunning 11 game winning run then doubt that he will be here much after the last game finishes.

Sacking him now really isn't going to help - just need to get through these last 11 games with at least 3 other teams below us - unless we now go on a stunning 11 game winning run then doubt that he will be here much after the last game finishes.
I'd sack him tonight. He's taking us down, worse case option any one else will do the same.

I would only say, if we sack him, who will choose the next manager? I am not defending Lambert, but there is a bigger problem that needs sorting, or it will be 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards.

I'd sack him tonight. He's taking us down, worse case option any one else will do the same.

I'm actually ambivalent as to whether he goes or stays - it's only worth getting rid if we have a proper manager ready (& willing) to come in for the last few games - giving it to someone else already here is not going to improve our chances

I would like to think I'm pretty patient but it's one too many bizarre team selections for my liking. I can't see what he's trying to do and I'm not sure the players know either. If they sacked him tonight I wouldn't complain.

Rowett was pretty much everyone's first choice get him in.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Rowett will not come here before the end of the season. Not going to happen.

I find it very VERY hard to believe those "rumours".

Get Thelwell and the rest of that ferret faced prick staff out tonight including Lambert as this is the best time to get Rowett in on the back of a win and whilst we still have a chance of staying up.

Sorry to hear that some moron behaved that way at the game Lycan.

I would like to think I'm pretty patient but it's one too many bizarre team selections for my liking. I can't see what he's trying to do and I'm not sure the players know either. If they sacked him tonight I wouldn't complain.

Rowett was pretty much everyone's first choice get him in.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If our owners want to retain championship status, then they should sack Lambert tonight, and give the job to Rowett.

Back