• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

We need to stay up and give Lambert a full pre season with Fosun's backing financially. Clear out the dead wood, recruit players that will improve our squad and then, by - say - October, we can judge him.
The problem with clearing out the dead wood is we have just given a large rump of them new extended contracts. You are looking at season long loans in the majority of instances or paying them off to top up their wages if they do leave permanently.

$#@! knows at the moment! I am praying for 6 points and pressure off. I want him to succeed. I want all wolves managers to succeed. Hell I would support Jeremy Corbyn if he were wolves manager and succeeding! Let's see how we do this week and hope the tactics and selection from Lambert are right!
We are crying out for a left winger.....

What will be interesting to see is how Lambert manages the few creative attacking players we have on the books. We desperately lack people that can run with the ball, at the moment its pretty much Costa, bringing Cav and Graham will help a lot in that department but the manager has to pick them. Similar problem with central midfield, in order to accomodate Dangerous Dave we are sacrificing a creative player (Evans is about it at the moment with Ronan out) and again the manager has to choose to play them.

I know Cav was very hit and miss, but he would create Chaos for the other side, which helps Costa so much and I am sure Graham would do the same.

It all rests on Lambert, he does have the players to create a more balanced side, if he doesn't do that he can have no argument about getting the boot.
Evans was awful against Burton and Wigan. I can see why people want him in the side because he does actually try and pass the ball, but his recent performances haven't suggested he should be in.

Evans was awful against Burton and Wigan. I can see why people want him in the side because he does actually try and pass the ball, but his recent performances haven't suggested he should be in.
It certainly hasn't helped his case but I can't see where we create anything at all with Edwards, Coady or Saville. If MGW is ready then in all for it or if we play a no 10 Bright coming back in but he's back playing in the u23s at the moment.

Maybe Evans will get another go at Ipswich but I have a horrible feeling we will be dissapointed with the selection tomorrow night.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It certainly hasn't helped his case but I can't see where we create anything at all with Edwards, Coady or Saville. If MGW is ready then in all for it or if we play a no 10 Bright coming back in but he's back playing in the u23s at the moment.

Maybe Evans will get another go at Ipswich but I have a horrible feeling we will be dissapointed with the selection tomorrow night.

Then again Mick's teams tend to be 'run through brick walls for him' type - matching like for like may be the way - probably what will happen, though doubt that it will enhance any likelihood of quality on the pitch

Then again Mick's teams tend to be 'run through brick walls for him' type - matching like for like may be the way - probably what will happen, though doubt that it will enhance any likelihood of quality on the pitch
Yes it will probably be a horrific game to watch, plenty of shifts being put in no doubt. I am also sure they will kick lumps out of Costa which worries me.

Yes it will probably be a horrific game to watch, plenty of shifts being put in no doubt. I am also sure they will kick lumps out of Costa which worries me.

Hopefully Costa's quickness of feet keeps him out of real danger - would help if we had any real presence on the other side of the field though

Costa's name has to come out of Dumbledore Lambert's selection sorting hat first though lol

Costa's name has to come out of Dumbledore Lambert's selection sorting hat first though lol

No Costa's name is laid out first on a velvet cushion then 10 others are drawn out to join him (hopefully one is vaguely a goal keeper)

Until Cav's back I would like to see Costa play on the left with Bod on the right (where I believe he plays for Iceland) and Dicko in the middle.

Supported by Evans, Price and Saiss would make us more solid through the middle and have the best passers of a ball in the side.

I don't think he was that bad. For some reason we put him in the team and then decided that the way to play was hoofball which definitely doesn't suit him. His game is all about passing and he had zero options forward in that Wigan game especially with his midfield partner that night playing hide and seek yet somehow managing to play 90 minutes and in every game since.

He wasn't awful against Burton at all. He was the only one in midfield who put himself about that day.

Evans generally sits quite deep and likes to get moves started from what I can tell but if everyone runs away from him 40 yards up the pitch when he's got the ball all he can do is hit a hopeful long ball and probably lose it or pass it back to the defenders or full backs and then fans get annoyed.

I think we do have enough half decent players to keep us up, if who ever the manager is, picks the best 11 and plays them in their right positions
we still have Cav ,Rohan, Graham and poss Zyro(back end of the season ?) to come back , but we still need the spine of the team replaced for next
season.

He wasn't awful against Burton at all. He was the only one in midfield who put himself about that day.
Opinions and all that, but I thought both he and Saville were really poor. His free kick at the end that went straight out of of play was pathetic. Neither of those two, plus Edwards had a clue how to break them down when the ball wasn't being hoofed over their head. Against Wigan he was cheered off, I said at the time I didn't't agree with that, but it shows how poorly he was playing.

Opinions and all that, but I thought both he and Saville were really poor. His free kick at the end that went straight out of of play was pathetic. Neither of those two, plus Edwards had a clue how to break them down when the ball wasn't being hoofed over their head. Against Wigan he was cheered off, I said at the time I didn't't agree with that, but it shows how poorly he was playing.

I can't remember him being cheered off in the Wigan game but if he was then i just think it shows the limited understanding of the game some of our fans have. He really wasn't that bad at all. I remember saying after the game that he started well and then did have a bad 20 minutes in the first half but it was because he had zero options and he wasn't sure what to do. He never stopped trying to get the ball though and tried to get us going again and should not have been the central midfielder that was substituted.

It's easy to forget how good Evans was when we first came back up under KJ. In a team who kept the ball, he was running the show (and possibly overshadowing K-Mac a bit, who was also playing well). He was unfortunate with injury, but also that when he did play we were just back to lumping it which was when his own form dropped.

In a good footballing side he could be a really positive player.

Any of the following will indicate to me tonight that Lambo has lost the plot;
Doherty returns at LB
Weimann starts as the striker
Saiss is dropped
Batth/Stearman CB pairing

I really hope he starts and Lambert sounded like he was pleased with his performance but without that much match sharpness would Saiss being left out be such a huge shock?

Back