• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Ultra processed foods are a huge problem. In it them out (as best I could) and lost a ton of weight. There needs to be more information about damaging sugar actually is and how import the gut biome is.
Not ALL ultra processed foods are necessarily a problem if included in a balanced diet though...

It's a way of trying to explain all that in a way that is consumable for most people. People understand the concept of using an overdraft as being the exception rather than the norm.

Most people don't have an emergency fund stashed away, and the ones that do would understand the analogy.

Most people do have an emergency fund, or as most people call it, savings. For many who don’t have savings (or very little) an overdraft or other debt is the norm not the exception.

I used an overdraft for many years when I was younger, I’m lucky now that I’m never anywhere near needing one but according to the right wing rags there’s a chance I might die this winter without my £200 winter fuel allowance.

Not sure you can point the fingers in any particular direction to be honest, the criticism is coming from all sides and a lot of it is just points scoring nonsense.

The £200 to an awful lot of people amounts to no more than an unnecessary gift of public money straight in the back pocket. I’m not sure why anyone left or right wouldn’t want that stopped with those resources better used elsewhere. I’d imagine Starmer considered the changes common sense and would present as a Labour government showing prudence, but sadly when there’s a screaming headline or an opportunity to tarnish, the days of hoping for a reasonable debate around where the qualifying threshold might be set are long gone.

Not sure you can point the fingers in any particular direction to be honest, the criticism is coming from all sides and a lot of it is just points scoring nonsense.

The £200 to an awful lot of people amounts to no more than an unnecessary gift of public money straight in the back pocket. I’m not sure why anyone left or right wouldn’t want that stopped with those resources better used elsewhere. I’d imagine Starmer considered the changes common sense and would present as a Labour government showing prudence, but sadly when there’s a screaming headline or an opportunity to tarnish, the days of hoping for a reasonable debate around where the qualifying threshold might be set are long gone.
If they’d set the qualifying criteria as people living in Council Tax Band D and above lose it I don’t think there would have been that much fuss.

If they’d set the qualifying criteria as people living in Council Tax Band D and above lose it I don’t think there would have been that much fuss.
Lol at local government IT interfacing with central government IT. If we are going to means test then means testing it based on getting pension credit is pretty obvious.

I don't think Shabana Mahmood is going to last long as a government minister given her performance this morning on various news outlets.

I don't think Shabana Mahmood is going to last long as a government minister given her performance this morning on various news outlets.

I don't understand why she didn't just say "look we all know why we've had to release people, but this guy should've been excluded, I'll cancel his early release and put steps in place to make sure people like him don't slip through the net". They make politics look so hard

I don't understand why she didn't just say "look we all know why we've had to release people, but this guy should've been excluded, I'll cancel his early release and put steps in place to make sure people like him don't slip through the net". They make politics look so hard
She got so aggressive too. I wouldn't thought as a barrister she could've handled it better.

Back