• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Akehurst is one of the more influential behind-the-scenes figures of the Labour right, and incredibly factional. Would bomb anything for a vote, would cut off his own arms and legs to spite the left.

And to be fair to him, starting a rumour that he's going to be parachuted into Diane Abbott's seat is the kind of thing that he would do just for fun, knowing how much teeth-gnashing it would inspire.

The first Sunak vs Starmer debate is on ITV next Tuesday (04/06) at 9pm.

I respect all the comments made in defence of Dianne Abbot, I am a lifelong Labour voter, a moderate and a Blairite, I am the type of Labour supporter Abbot, Corbyn, Momentum etc would consider a traitor to the cause.
I would put myself in the etc group you are referring to and I have never considered people like you as "traitors to the cause", you are just the type of person I would disagree with on a handful of issues but largely share similar values.

The Labour Party has always had a degree of factionalism...it existed under Foot/Benn, Smith, Blair/Brown, Miliband and Corbyn...but never have I witnessed the factionalism of 2015 onwards and that was most definitely not confined to just the left of the party, it was from all sides...

You've won that battle. I don't see what you gain from diminishing the achievements of one of the country's flag bearers for black women's representation. It doesn't suggest respect at all.

I except that my views regarding where I stand with regards to Labour Party politics are not particularly welcome, so I’ll not comment on this thread further.

Last edited:
Back