• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Not taking away from his lack of end product, but it must be infuriating just getting chopped down like that all the time

Yeah, the laws/ rules could definitely use an update to get rid of these tedious, cynical “rotational” fouls the likes of City (especially) use to break up play.

I think Jonathan Wilson has been flying this flag -intentional foul, not even attempting to play the ball = red card

Murky waters though. What about a pull of the shirt (not a cynical one), which happens 100s of times a game. What about an accidental trip not playing the ball

Murky waters though. What about a pull of the shirt (not a cynical one), which happens 100s of times a game. What about an accidental trip not playing the ball
I know football generally doesn't like radical changes but what about an orange card for cynical fouls with a 10 minute sin bin

Reactions: jlo
I know football generally doesn't like radical changes but what about an orange card for cynical fouls with a 10 minute sin bin
Maybe. Still doesn’t solve the issue of a team being penalised by a poor refereeing decision or a team not being penalised for “gamesmanship”. You know full well Ruben Dias would get away with clipping someone’s ankles whereas Coady wouldn’t if there was an accidental coming together.

Just leave it alone - don't want football to be more like rugby, rugby it's shit.

Takeshi's castle is a brilliant analogy for Adama. Lots of exciting attempts, but very few actually succeed.
Was torn between that or it’s a wipeout to be honest. But spent many an hour watching takeshi’s as a kid

Oddly enough I don't get excited at all by him and I'm in the ground. You hear a sharp intake of breath followed by a groan.

It just isn't exciting or hopeful just a grim inevitability he's going to fuck it up.
Each to their own, isn’t it.

But surely you found vs Burnley exciting until he thundered the bar?

Still all down to interpretation, and people will interpret differently.

Let’s be honest, if Adama ends up at Spurs we will be wanting our player to do that tactic if he goes past. It’s just because it’s against ‘one of our own’

Like Marcal being injured off the pitch abs down, but getting up, getting on the pitch abs going back down. Great when it’s for us, shit if it’s against us

Not a bad idea, the biggest flaw being the fucking morons at PGMOL can't be trusted to read and interpret existing laws of the game without then giving them additional laws and/or increased discretionary powers.

It'd be trialled in Europe to acclaim and come over here and we'd end up with games of 8 v 8.

g

If 20m means we get a 20m replacement who wants to be here, with room to improve then is worth it. 20m is 20m at the end of the day. Hardly talking a pack of monster munch
Given our recent track record on signings It will probably be 25 mil 15 of which will be covered by the return of the prodigal son Matthew Doherty. I fucking hope not .

Go on then, I'll bite, please explain
There's nothing to explain really - I like football as it is, the arguments for changing the rules or format of it always seems to be along the lines of, another sport (tennis, rugby, cricket etc etc) does it and it works, so football should follow suit, completely missing the point that football is the most popular sport in the world by miles - why does football need to become more like all of these other massively less popular sports, just fucking leave it the way it is!!!

Know what I mean?!

Yep all started to go wrong when they changed the offside rule from 3 behind the ball to 2

Just leave it alone - don't want football to be more like rugby, rugby it's shit.
Utter bollocks - another great sport, and generally well officiated with excellent use of TV for decisions.

All sports have a shelf live, I bet the Romans thought chariot racing would be the most popular one forever. Apparently the richest sportsman in history by far, adjusted for inflation, was a famous chariot racer from back then. It's strange people in thousands of years will look back on football as a historical curiosity, if we're still around.

Back