• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

My take:
20 million = slightly below market rate in the winter transfer period
25 million = about right
30 million = we've got more than he's worth

He is the most exciting and explosive player I've ever seen, it's just a shame we don't make the most of it and his decision making is shocking.

I'm expecting us to sell for the 20 million and "reinvest" by signing Hwang.

I've said it before: Adama can get you out of your seat with excitement and put you right back in it with frustration. There are times when he gets the ball that he looks unplayable. But then the defenders realise that they don't need to try and play him, just let him fuck it up himself.

Do we want to remain a counter-attacking team? Keep Adama

Do we want to create a team that keeps possession and passes quickly? Adama can’t play in that team.

Do we want to create a team that keeps possession and passes quickly? Adama can’t play in that team.
Agreed, but surely we are both? Against the "better teams" a counter attacking team, and a possession team against the weaker teams.

We only played counter attacking football for the last 20 minutes against Utd.

We played almost like the Gegenpress for most of the game. And we look much better for it.

I agree with you that Adama can't play in that system.

I've said it before: Adama can get you out of your seat with excitement and put you right back in it with frustration. There are times when he gets the ball that he looks unplayable. But then the defenders realise that they don't need to try and play him, just let him fuck it up himself.
This isn't his fault, but teams also have got wise to taking the yellow if he does get into a decent position, Matic the other day being an example. Our set pieces not being great on the whole 9/10 it leads to nothing.

There's not a better player in the world that an underdog team could bring on to relieve pressure.

It's totally understandable he would want a bigger role than that.

He cannot play that role.

I genuinely don't understand how people still find Adama exciting when you know his end product is going to be shit.

Think It’s a combination of hope, his pace and explosiveness. It is exciting to watch, resembling an episode of takeshi’s castle at times

Factor in the fact that you do tend to get lost in games. I remember getting excited if Keogh found himself one on one. You just can’t help yourself

This isn't his fault, but teams also have got wise to taking the yellow if he does get into a decent position, Matic the other day being an example. Our set pieces not being great on the whole 9/10 it leads to nothing.
Not taking away from his lack of end product, but it must be infuriating just getting chopped down like that all the time

Think It’s a combination of hope, his pace and explosiveness. It is exciting to watch, resembling an episode of takeshi’s castle at times

Factor in the fact that you do tend to get lost in games. I remember getting excited if Keogh found himself one on one. You just can’t help yourself
Oddly enough I don't get excited at all by him and I'm in the ground. You hear a sharp intake of breath followed by a groan.

It just isn't exciting or hopeful just a grim inevitability he's going to fuck it up.

Takeshi's castle is a brilliant analogy for Adama. Lots of exciting attempts, but very few actually succeed.

Sitting in the lower BW I love watching him fairly close up - his control and touch are magnificent at times. And then the burst of pace is astonishing. Will miss that.
Did it get made official when I wasn't looking?

Back