• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

I see Norwich want 15mill for Cantwell, and his contract ends in the Summer.

If we accept 20mill for Traore, then i think we are being mugged off.
Same as I said to Fred, what would you do then? Both alternatives for a club pleading poverty would be madness

Same as I said to Fred, what would you do then? Both alternatives for a club pleading poverty would be madness
I'd certainly keep him until the summer, we don't know how long Neto will take to return to form, it could be that we are left with a struggling Neto and just Trincao and Podence for the wide positions, why weaken us further? Especially for what isn't a huge amount of money.

I see Norwich want 15mill for Cantwell, and his contract ends in the Summer.

If we accept 20mill for Traore, then i think we are being mugged off.
Norwich are fighting relegation. If keeping him means they stay up and lose him on a free then it’s worth it to them.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re not staying up, but they’ll still be saying the ‘half a season to go’ rubbish.

We’re safe, so us pricing a player out of a move in the hope he signs a new deal is t really a benefit to us

g
I'd certainly keep him until the summer, we don't know how long Neto will take to return to form, it could be that we are left with a struggling Neto and just Trincao and Podence for the wide positions, why weaken us further? Especially for what isn't a huge amount of money.

If 20m means we get a 20m replacement who wants to be here, with room to improve then is worth it. 20m is 20m at the end of the day. Hardly talking a pack of monster munch

Norwich are fighting relegation. If keeping him means they stay up and lose him on a free then it’s worth it to them.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re not staying up, but they’ll still be saying the ‘half a season to go’ rubbish.

We’re safe, so us pricing a player out of a move in the hope he signs a new deal is t really a benefit to us
I don't think cantwell is even playing, I think Norwich want shot of him

g

If 20m means we get a 20m replacement who wants to be here, with room to improve then is worth it. 20m is 20m at the end of the day. Hardly talking a pack of monster munch
If the scouting is right then correct you can easily get a decent young player for that price..

If the scouting is right then correct you can easily get a decent young player for that price..
I mean, Podence (jury still out on him for me mind) was 17m. A lot if people would prefer pod to adama so evidence it can be done

Whilst Traore's stats are equally as bad as Trincao i can at least remember Traore laying on chances or having involvement in goals (such as against United, or the 2 chances he laid on against Brighton)

I don't recall a goal we have scored where Trincao was involved?
If Semedo could finish he'd have at least 1 (Watford away)

You can make same argument for Adama though...I have no clue how many chances he's created that others haven't finished but there'll be a few

A fully fit Neto keeps Adama and Trincao sitting on the bench. I would actually keep Hwang in the summer as he does have more of a strikers brain then the latter two I mentioned.

I don't think cantwell is even playing, I think Norwich want shot of him
Fair enough. Wasn’t aware. Well that’s just silly then if he’s not. But doesn’t really affect the Adama situ. Can sit and compare transfers to the end of time.

Norwich haven't been playing him.

But doesn’t really affect the Adama situ. Can sit and compare transfers to the end of time.
Well that's just a dismissal.

Norwich wanting 15mill for a player who will go for nowt in 6 months is definitely worth comparing to Adama, who most on here are happy to flog for 20 when he has 18 months left.

Pod is 10 times more effective than Adama.
Meh. Wouldn’t dispute his more effective, just think he’s very streaky, looks ‘cute’ but doesn’t actually do a lot stats wise. Would like to see him get a run of games without injury as flashes are there.

Was only using him as a price comparison mind, so point still stands

No, Buendia played 38, 36 and 39 games in his 3 seasons at Norwich.

Norwich aren't playing Cantwell because he isn't actually that good, but they are still holding out for a good fee.

Norwich wanting 15mill for a player who will go for nowt in 6 months is definitely worth comparing to Adama, who most on here are happy to flog for 20 when he has 18 months left.

What would your thought be on lingaard then, 6 months left on his contract, a player who has 10x more end product than Adama, for example?

You can sit and list players individually for any argument. If Norwich want 15m and are overpricing someone, then it’s not a fair comparable

For me Podence has a miles better brain then Adama, Adama run and cross without really looking. Podence on the other hand does have a look for a pass without blindly putting it in.

No, Buendia played 38, 36 and 39 games in his 3 seasons at Norwich.

Norwich aren't playing Cantwell because he isn't actually that good, but they are still holding out for a good fee.
Ok thanks EP. I agree Cantwell isnt as good as people think but he will still get a punt at Premier League football again in the summer. Agreed as well its stupid paying what Norwich want now.

Back