• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

QUOTE="Paul, post: 1489875, member: 177"]
The issue with Trincao is I honestly believe if we don't sign him up, in a couple of years everyone will be moaning that we've let someone of his calibre slip through our fingers, you can see there's a future footballer there
[/QUOTE]
Sounds like ‘35 million’ Silva 🤭😉

This place is nothing to Twitter, its a wonder he hasnt jumped off a cliff..
I think anyone who reads twitter and takes it seriously is a pancake short of pancake day.

This forum has, apart from the odd concentric arguments, a much more developed level of poster and provides a fine platform for debating Wolves😁

QUOTE="Paul, post: 1489875, member: 177"]
The issue with Trincao is I honestly believe if we don't sign him up, in a couple of years everyone will be moaning that we've let someone of his calibre slip through our fingers, you can see there's a future footballer there
Sounds like ‘35 million’ Silva 🤭😉
[/QUOTE]

You have to speculate to accumulate, Stay out of the black and into the red, Nothing in this game for two in a bed, Let's have a look at what you could have won.
One of those terms, I cannot remember which one :)

Last edited:
Different technique isn't it.

Lukaku tends to strike the ball pretty well but watch him run with the ball and he can barely get up to a light jig without the ball getting muddled up between his feet.

He used to be able to run with it, I think the issue with him now is his size, he's so cumbersome. When he was at Everton or them lot he was a lot more athletic.

Not a chance I'd take Trincao at that price based on what we've seen at the moment. Like Hwang, what's the advantage in doing so?

That we would own a talented and improving player, I did state that above Tony...

I feel like that way he can be progressing and improving in the same way Neto did, Jota leaves and Neto steps into the role and makes it his own, I feel Trin would be the next step to replacing Neto, if he continues his trajectory when he returns.

Jordao or however it's spelt is still about isn't he? Thought I had spotted him on the bench, what are the chances he "comes good" at least enough to start featuring as an option/emergency cover?

Jordao or however it's spelt is still about isn't he? Thought I had spotted him on the bench, what are the chances he "comes good" at least enough to start featuring as an option/emergency cover?
Probably quite low. Didn't do much on loan in a much weaker league last season.

That we would own a talented and improving player, I did state that above Tony...

I feel like that way he can be progressing and improving in the same way Neto did, Jota leaves and Neto steps into the role and makes it his own, I feel Trin would be the next step to replacing Neto, if he continues his trajectory when he returns.
And he'd cost us no more in the Summer, so why now? What's the point? Why not wait and get another half a season of information? It just doesn't make any sense to me, particularly when as Nando says he can only play in one position or variation of and hopefully in a month's time he'll be the backup for that role. FWIW I see talented, not so sure about improving. I'd say his best games for us were back in the Autumn. Neto after 6 months had much more of an impact, mainly as sub and was younger.

Re: Trincao, I think he might eventually become a pretty decent player, but I'm not sure it will be in the PL and I don't think it will be with us. The way he has performed in his loan spell in no way justifies a £25m outlay. 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 impact apart from an occasional nice bit of skill. He's in no way a bad footballer, he's just not the player we need. We need someone to create chances and score goals.

Someone like, say, Pedro Neto...

And he'd cost us no more in the Summer, so why now? What's the point? Why not wait and get another half a season of information? It just doesn't make any sense to me, particularly when as Nando says he can only play in one position or variation of and hopefully in a month's time he'll be the backup for that role. FWIW I see talented, not so sure about improving. I'd say his best games for us were back in the Autumn
Agreed. The only reason it would make sense is if the spending was split on the accounts in to different years, but I don’t think it is (I’m no expert).

Same for Hwang. We have a deal in place so why rush to get it over the line now when he’ll be the same price in the summer and we’ll have had another 4 months to watch how he progresses. I think the injury has curtailed that one anyway.

Re: Trincao, I think he might eventually become a pretty decent player, but I'm not sure it will be in the PL and I don't think it will be with us. The way he has performed in his loan spell in no way justifies a £25m outlay. 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 impact apart from an occasional nice bit of skill. He's in no way a bad footballer, he's just not the player we need. We need someone to create chances and score goals.

Someone like, say, Pedro Neto...

Whilst Traore's stats are equally as bad as Trincao i can at least remember Traore laying on chances or having involvement in goals (such as against United, or the 2 chances he laid on against Brighton)

I don't recall a goal we have scored where Trincao was involved?

Agreed. The only reason it would make sense is if the spending was split on the accounts in to different years, but I don’t think it is (I’m no expert).

Same for Hwang. We have a deal in place so why rush to get it over the line now when he’ll be the same price in the summer and we’ll have had another 4 months to watch how he progresses. I think the injury has curtailed that one anyway.
To be fair, 14m for hwang and 25m for trincao (I think) from what I’ve seen so far is be inclined to look elsewhere

Some nonsense this morning about Barca being interested in Adama. I just don't see it myself

Trincao will never make a Premier League player, he's to much of wetwipe. Hwang is championship quality. Fuck them off after their loans.

Though I've seen a suggestion that we're paying all of Trincao's wage of over £100k per week so I'd be tempted to fuck him off now tbh, on merit. At level you've got to presume it's just an expensive favour, because it's certainly not value for money

Trincao will never make a Premier League player, he's to much of wetwipe. Hwang is championship quality. Fuck them off after their loans.

Though I've seen a suggestion that we're paying all of Trincao's wage of over £100k per week so I'd be tempted to fuck him off now tbh, on merit. At level you've got to presume it's just an expensive favour, because it's certainly not value for money
Yeah i saw that rumour that Trincao is on 130k.

Whilst paying Traore 100k raises eyebrows somewhat, if we are to keep Neves and Neto then we will need to be paying those two more than that.

I guess the issue with fucking him off now if we intend to sell Adama it leaves us very light in that area, with no guarantee the replacement will be up too scratch (the stench of Jose is still resonates) atleast with trincao, he hasn’t set the world alight but I wouldn’t say he’s an absolute cabbage.

Back