• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

I'll be sad to see him go, our squad will be weaker without him.

That being said he doesn't deserve to be one the highest paid players here and if he's running down his contract, there isn't really much we can do other than cash in.

It’s hard to quantify, as a player plays at a certain level based on the full package. Michael Jacobs was better technically than Dave Edwards but who had the better career. James Henry was better technically and mentally than Traore but who has had the better career?

It’s fair to say physically he’s one of the best in the world. But I’ve seen better technical and mental ability in non league. Physical stats is one of the most important attributes though. Until you get to the top level where players are good at everything.

“Getting you off your seat” doesn’t win football games. He’s great to watch at times but professional football is about winning games not a circus act.

I'll be sad to see him go, our squad will be weaker without him.

That being said he doesn't deserve to be one the highest paid players here and if he's running down his contract, there isn't really much we can do other than cash in.
This. I’d happily keep him if he signed a new deal, but not the 100k a week he apparently wants

Think you’re over egging the technicals massively - crossing,passing,shooting etc. But the time has come to cash in.

All well and good him going, but he will need replacing. If they’re selling for the sake of selling but not looking to replace then il be concerned
He needs replacing with an actual first team player who can score from an inside forward position.

I don't think that's Ryan Giles but it definitely is Neto. Him and Trincao on the right and Pod and Giles on the left seems to be the way the club wants to go.

I don't have too much of a problem with that as we're relatively safe this season and it would be good to see if Giles is up to the task over the next few weeks.

If he's not then get somebody in on loan until the summer and restructure the team according to what Lage wants.

FWIW I’d keep Adama rather than sell him for £20m. Our squad would be poorer without him unless a replacement comes in.

We've just brought a lad back from a loan where he got as many assists in tbe championship in half a season than Adama got in 38 games the season before we signed him. I reckon if Giles even plays 3/4 games this year he'll beat Adama's assist stats for this year.

Last edited:
As I've said countless times before, if you sit where I do and watch his lack of movement it's something to behold. He's not lazy, but I've not seen a Hednesford player ball watch like he does. A quality manager will always think he can be the one, because the raw attributes are so obvious. If Conte does then he's a fantastic manager, tbf he'll be the best that Adama has worked with, but my money would still be on frustration.

He needs replacing with an actual first team player who can score from an inside forward position.

I don't think that's Ryan Giles but it definitely is Neto. Him and Trincao on the right and Pod and Giles on the left send to be the way the club want to go.

I don't have too much of a problem with that as we're relatively safe this season and it would be good to see if Giles is up to the task over the next few weeks.

If he's not then get somebody in on loan until the summer and restructure the team according to what Lage wants.
Trincao only here on loan though. So if we keep him (25m isn’t it) I’m not sure I’d pay that currently. Well, I wouldn’t given what I’ve seen.

I thought Giles was a full back, or have I missed something?

Trincao only here on loan though. So if we keep him (25m isn’t it) I’m not sure I’d pay that currently. Well, I wouldn’t given what I’ve seen.
I wouldn't either based on what we've seen to date.

Again, it gives us to a chance to get others in the summer without the burden of having to move players on.

I think there will be a lot of free transfers this summer and a lot of loans, and I wonder if the transfer fee system is going to take a big hit.

Dribbling wise technically Adama is one of the best in the world. Even without his speed and physically he’s ability to beat players in tight spaces is up there with the best

shooting wise technically he’s terrible.

so I don’t agree about some generalising and saying he isn’t technically good it just depends what you’re talking about.

however - I don’t think he even gets in our strongest 11 with everyone fit and he supposedly wants to be the best paid. Sell him now if it’s the most we are going to get. I can see why we held on to him in the summer though.

The issue with Trincao is I honestly believe if we don't sign him up, in a couple of years everyone will be moaning that we've let someone of his calibre slip through our fingers, you can see there's a future footballer there

Dribbling wise technically Adama is one of the best in the world. Even without his speed and physically he’s ability to beat players in tight spaces is up there with the best

shooting wise technically he’s terrible.

so I don’t agree about some generalising and saying he isn’t technically good it just depends what you’re talking about.

however - I don’t think he even gets in our strongest 11 with everyone fit and he supposedly wants to be the best paid. Sell him now if it’s the most we are going to get. I can see why we held on to him in the summer though.

This is the most baffling part. How someone can look so composed and technically excellent with the ball at his feet but the second he has to shoot or pass he looks like a parks player. How does that even happen?

This is the most baffling part. How someone can look so composed and technically excellent with the ball at his feet but the second he has to shoot or pass he looks like a parks player. How does that even happen?
Different technique isn't it.

Lukaku tends to strike the ball pretty well but watch him run with the ball and he can barely get up to a light jig without the ball getting muddled up between his feet.

You can be good at getting yourself off and still be terrible in bed.

Hmmm. His dribbling is very good, that is not in question, but think that’s a bit too far. The thing that makes his dribbling so good is that he just so powerful. Slight players who are good dribblers (Podence and Trincao if you will) if you get close to them you can knock them off the ball or make them less good at executing and they give it away. It’s not the same with Traore. You just bounce off him. And even if he does take a bad touch dribbling he just charges through and breezes past you became he’s so explosive and powerful.

Take away the pace and power and youd just get what we’re getting with Trincao. Someone who isn’t going to run round you and just loses the ball as soon as a defender gets alongside.

Not under 40m for Adama, unique player, with a better striker they will score loads when he continually will get the ball in the box, also led to the goal against Man U..he seems to have been told by Lage to release the ball and pass it to others more and then we are losing some of his best potential. Think he has done good on the ball and also has great technique in that speed..getting a lot of freekicks too

Not under 40m for Adama, unique player, with a better striker they will score loads when he continually will get the ball in the box, also led to the goal against Man U..he seems to have been told by Lage to release the ball and pass it to others more and then we are losing some of his best potential. Think he has done good on the ball and also has great technique in that speed..getting a lot of freekicks too
As much as I am in the Adama fan club, even with 3 years left on his contract I’d be suprised with 40m. Pleasantly surprised

Back