• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Yep, I'm happy enough to see him go so we can all take a deep breath and remember him for things like his goals against City rather than his total impotence since.

Silva is still here to do that job, £35 million he cost you know

I honestly thought £35 million was his first two names, you know these Portuguese have multiple names :)

If I had a pound for every time his fee was mentioned I could afford to purchase him at a profit for the club.

Sounds like the fee being floated around for Adama is £20m. Very disappointing if true. Not saying he’s *worth* more, we all know what he is, but is he really worth £15m less than what we paid for Fabio? Adama was being quoted as £40m+ at one point.

Have to say, Fosun have an extremely alarming track record of poor decisions/deals over recent years since Uncle Jorge stopped helping them about every 5 minutes. It’s concerning.

More than we paid for him, 18 months left on his contract and pretty clear he isn't signing another. About right for now, should have sold him in the Summer when we could have got £30m from Spurs
I thought the deal was a £5m loan fee with an option for Spurs to buy rather than it being a compulsory purchase?

Sounds like the fee being floated around for Adama is £20m. Very disappointing if true. Not saying he’s *worth* more, we all know what he is, but is he really worth £15m less than what we paid for Fabio? Adama was being quoted as £40m+ at one point.

Have to say, Fosun have an extremely alarming track record of poor decisions/deals over recent years since Uncle Jorge stopped helping them about every 5 minutes. It’s concerning.
What would you do differently?

Hindsight is 20/20 ay.

Personally I think we're doing quite well just to recoup the fee we paid given Adama has, what, 1 goal contribution this season? And how many over the last two seasons combined, maybe 5? It's honestly a bit mad that Spurs would offer as much as they supposedly have.

I think £25m would be ideal for us, any more then fantastic.

But if I was buying him i wouldn’t want to be paying more than £20m. So Hopefully we can bump them up and meet in the middle.

Apologies, I thought Adama recorded an assist last week. He hasn't. Big old goose egg for him this season, still.

If we get a profit out of him I'll be pleased. I really like him and he's stupendously exciting on the ball but he's just not a good player when the object of the game is to score goals.

Hindsight is 20/20 ay.

Personally I think we're doing quite well just to recoup the fee we paid given Adama has, what, 1 goal contribution this season? And how many over the last two seasons combined, maybe 5? It's honestly a bit mad that Spurs would offer as much as they supposedly have.
0 goals 0 assists, doesn't tell the full story, but it's the statistical truth

Back