• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

If we’re moving to a back 4 then absolutely, if we’re not then I’d honestly rather wait until the summer and have a proper plan.

Our issue is the front 3. That’s where we need to improve irrespective of formation.
If the plan is to move to the back 4 for next season and a perfect player presents itself now, I’d be entitled to get them in ASAP, rather than wait till summer and potentially miss the boat

Lage on Sanderson: "We usually play with three centre backs and at the moment we have two in our squad. There's an opportunity for Dion, he's doing very well."

And Giles: "He can play as an outside winger, he assists very well, he's done a good week with us."
Thought the comments about only having two centre backs was quite interesting. Maybe Bruno doesn’t see Donk as an option there?

Or indeed Boly who hasn’t gone to AFCON as far as I am aware.
I think Lage has written off Boly and he will go in the summer. If I remember rightly there’s been some negative / exasperated comments from Lage on Boly’s injury troubles.

Or indeed Boly who hasn’t gone to AFCON as far as I am aware.
Still crocked I think?

as for Marcal, I know he’s played LCB in france but as far as I’m aware, he’s never played there here and he’s never really been considered anything other than a LWB/LB, despite people continually suggesting it on here.

Despite our defence being rock solid of late, of all the positions I'd still pick CB first. Think switching to a back 4 would get alot more out of our attacking players, Trincao would be alot better on the right side of a 3 behind a striker, imo.

Doug Ellis at Villa was great at this. Shitty bids for all and sundry to flog a few season tickets. 'We bid for Van Basten but they rejected 2m plus Ian Ormondroyd.'
We pulled the Boniek, Platini and Reid three card trick once* to solve our midfield woes.

*don't think it was all the same summer but I've gone with it anyway.

Sky Sports breaking news; Spurs extremely interested in Adama Traore.

Diego Costa has terminated his contract with Atletico Mineiro and is now available on a free transfer...

The real Simon Stone reporting this one.
Can we sell Adama as a RWB? Wouldn’t this fall foul of the Sale of Goods Act (1979) - “The Sale of Goods Act states that goods delivered or sold must be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. Fit for purpose means that the goods will provide the benefit or meet the purpose advertised by the seller.”

Back