• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Presumably it's this idea that he needs to be overly conservative with his energy that has trained him to stand stock still without the ball.

Probably something Pulis put in his head at Boro, the twat.

Think that's a big leap, he literally doesn't move even half a yard to give a passing angle which leads me to think he's just switched off. It's not like he can't do it because we've seen him do it fleetingly.

Twice the player of Botman, if we didn't get Badiashile now, we never will - not unlike Ruben Dias. I reckon he'll end up at PSG anyway.

Didn't we table a bid for Badiashile a couple of years ago?

Does the story say that Monaco have refused the offer and the player will not leave until the summer?

So looks like we have tried £30m and will have to go higher.
which we wont. This is a well trodden path and tactic . " Well we tried but ultimately the club wanted more money ". Personally until I see players wearing an old gold shirt and announced the rest is beginning to be a bit to " smoke and mirrors" for my liking.

If so, move on to next target please I can't handle us pretending to be in for him til the last minute!

If we're spending £30m this month, I think I'd still prefer it on a top midfielder..
Agree 100%. How many times have we thought "ah they'll come around towards the end of the window" and then we're left with nothing. Jeff (or whoever) has been burnt so many times trying to play hardball that you'd have thought he'd learnt his lesson by now.

Seems easy for me to say "pay the extra £5m", as it's not my money. But surely if we've scouted these players and believe their value will increase over time, £5m is neither here nor there, really. Obviously if the valuations are, I'd say £10m+ away from each other, it's probably time to move on to other targets.

Agree 100%. How many times have we thought "ah they'll come around towards the end of the window" and then we're left with nothing. Jeff (or whoever) has been burnt so many times trying to play hardball that you'd have thought he'd learnt his lesson by now.

Seems easy for me to say "pay the extra £5m", as it's not my money. But surely if we've scouted these players and believe their value will increase over time, £5m is neither here nor there, really. Obviously if the valuations are, I'd say £10m+ away from each other, it's probably time to move on to other targets.
5m is the difference between finishing 10th and finishing 7th. So if your signing has the impact you get it back almost straight away. We seem to have 5 year olds negotiating at times.

Burnt/never really interested...

Or we watched Sunderland 'till I Die and saw Stewart Donald getting rinsed for Will Griggs and are trying to avoid that!

perhaps it is a positive that (if true) we have made the bid this early, rather than late in the window?

Yea, gives us three weeks of chasing and trying to sign a specific player before not actually signing anyone because the price was too high or he was suddenly "injured"

which we wont. This is a well trodden path and tactic . " Well we tried but ultimately the club wanted more money ". Personally until I see players wearing an old gold shirt and announced the rest is beginning to be a bit to " smoke and mirrors" for my liking.

Doug Ellis at Villa was great at this. Shitty bids for all and sundry to flog a few season tickets. 'We bid for Van Basten but they rejected 2m plus Ian Ormondroyd.'

If so, move on to next target please I can't handle us pretending to be in for him til the last minute!

If we're spending £30m this month, I think I'd still prefer it on a top midfielder..
If we’re moving to a back 4 then absolutely, if we’re not then I’d honestly rather wait until the summer and have a proper plan.

Our issue is the front 3. That’s where we need to improve irrespective of formation.

Back