• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

What would your thought be on lingaard then, 6 months left on his contract, a player who has 10x more end product than Adama, for example?

You can sit and list players individually for any argument. If Norwich want 15m and are overpricing someone, then it’s not a fair comparable
What do you mean? I have no idea what Man U are likely to sell him for. Lingard is also a lot older than both.

What do you mean? I have no idea what Man U are likely to sell him for. Lingard is also a lot older than both.
Well I think people in the past have said lingaard isn’t great etc. I was just using it as a comparable as they wanted 30m in summer for instance.

Basically, Norwich can’t want 15m all they want. If no one is willing to pay it, then that’s that. So saying Norwich want 15m for a player and we say want 20m for traore, doesn’t mean we are being ripped off, just means we on the face of it are more realistic.

I mean, I could want 100k for my vauxhall Astra (open to offers), but if no one wants it then it’s a moot point

And the comparable thing about transfers isn’t avoidance, it just depends what narrative you want to spin. If someone is stupid enough to pay x amount for a player then that’s on them.

Coutinho for 147m makes Maguire look a semi decent signing, for example

O it’s tragic, but you can even make that look a meh deal rather than an absolute robbery with the right comparison
To be honest I never go down the comparing transfers rabbit hole, don't see any point.

Well that's just a dismissal.

Norwich wanting 15mill for a player who will go for nowt in 6 months is definitely worth comparing to Adama, who most on here are happy to flog for 20 when he has 18 months left.
Cantwell has 18 months aswell. 6 months+ a years option in Norwich's favour, plus it's Newcastle who want him so like anyone else they'll ask for a premium as a starting point

g

If 20m means we get a 20m replacement who wants to be here, with room to improve then is worth it. 20m is 20m at the end of the day. Hardly talking a pack of monster munch
Oh and i don't think that will happen, i can't see us flogging Adama AND replacing him this window, i think we sell him and we are simply left with a weaker squad. What's the point, we aren't skint.

Oh and i don't think that will happen, i can't see us flogging Adama AND replacing him this window, i think we sell him and we are simply left with a weaker squad. What's the point, we aren't skint.
I mean everything’s hypothetical, isn’t it. I just think 20mil is probably the correct valuation for Adama currently.

I actually think Cantwell has the ability to be a decent player, would even potentially suit Wolves as a backup option on the left of a 3 I think. Seems to be a Grade 1 areshole though

Back