• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Villa is fair, but crossing the ball 3 yards away from any Wolves player onto the centre halves head is a stretch to say the least. It's the poor header and Moutinho's first touch that made that goal, not yet another poor cross from Adama

Villa is fair, but crossing the ball 3 yards away from any Wolves player onto the centre halves head is a stretch to say the least. It's the poor header and Moutinho's first touch that made that goal, not yet another poor cross from Adama
Careful you’ll be in the firing line for daring to not say Adama is great.

Don’t be disagreeing with the great projector.

🤣 I'm always right? Irony much?

I don't hold the same view as you, no? So? It seems you have a problem with that for some reason? There are a few people on here who get a bit butt hurt from having their view challenged aren't there?

I guess you also don't get excited when Neves lines up a shot too? I mean he hasn't scored a good goal from distance from a while either? Do you just sit back and arrogantly sneer at those around you who dare to get enjoyment from the potential of him doing something good?

The two best moments of the season so far (at least for me) were Neves's winner at Villa, and Moutinho's goal the other night, neither of those happen without Adama, and whilst he is very bloody frustrating, he's clearly an important squad member who I believe we should keep.

You’re first sentence followed by the bolded one made me spit my tea.

I admire your comedic writing. Very funny.

Regarding crosses, Adama rarely puts in a good one, but you watch any typical game of PL football and I'd say the number of good crosses in a match could probably be counted on the fingers of one hand, so he's not alone in being poor with his delivery!

Heck, look at the way the rest of our team put crosses and dead balls in and he's probably on a par with the rest of them. I'd say the best crosser of a ball we have is Neves, but he's so rarely in a position to do it that we don't see it often enough.

Regarding crosses, Adama rarely puts in a good one, but you watch any typical game of PL football and I'd say the number of good crosses in a match could probably be counted on the fingers of one hand, so he's not alone in being poor with his delivery!

Heck, look at the way the rest of our team put crosses and dead balls in and he's probably on a par with the rest of them. I'd say the best crosser of a ball we have is Neves, but he's so rarely in a position to do it that we don't see it often enough.
I don't disagree with any of that, just the notion that without him the goal doesn't happen in anything other than an existential sense. If you compare EP's 2 examples, can just anyone run at a tired defence beating 2/3 men and draw a foul just outside the box- The answer is no. Can anyone spanner a cross nowhere near one of your own players and onto the centre halves head? You'd have to say yes

I don't disagree with any of that, just the notion that without him the goal doesn't happen in anything other than an existential sense. If you compare EP's 2 examples, can just anyone run at a tired defence beating 2/3 men and draw a foul just outside the box- The answer is no. Can anyone spanner a cross nowhere near one of your own players and onto the centre halves head? You'd have to say yes
You could also argue that there really weren't any other players getting in good enough positions to put that cross in? Marcal the only other springs to mind, I really don't remember Trincao or even Podence putting a decent ball in, or even being in a position where they could. Maybe they are being asked to do something different to Adama I guess, but let's not pretend we have anyone else getting in those positions and doing any better. We don't. That doesn't excuse Adama or suggest he's doing well, it's just a bit of an indictment on the overall quality of our forward play.

Strange, I don't see where the arrogance is in that post at all? 🤷‍♂️ In his season and a half here he hasn't once featured at LCB until today.

It's the last sentence, snidey dig for no reason, but I'll delete

You could also argue that there really weren't any other players getting in good enough positions to put that cross in? Marcal the only other springs to mind, I really don't remember Trincao or even Podence putting a decent ball in, or even being in a position where they could. Maybe they are being asked to do something different to Adama I guess, but let's not pretend we have anyone else getting in those positions and doing any better. We don't. That doesn't excuse Adama or suggest he's doing well, it's just a bit of an indictment on the overall quality of our forward play.

They are being asked to play as inside forwards, Adama isn't really capable of doing that as his instinct takes him to the byline. They don't cross by design generally, a lot of teams don't actually want their players crossing as the conversion rate of open play crosses is very poor, especially from the byline. From deep or whipped in towards goal are preferred methods if a team does deliver into the box.

I guess you also don't get excited when Neves lines up a shot too?

No, I tut loudly. We've seen his shots from distance are more likely to kill some poor cunt behind the goal than go in, I'd rather we recycle the ball and keep pressure on to unlock a defence than have stupid potshots from distance. Regardless of who is taking it.

Or to look at the other view and not being a cunt (why you've used this word I don't know), having seen enough of him I knew it wasn't going to lead to a goal a decent pass.
Surely no football fan in the heat of the moment thinks like this?

Easy to type it after, but in that moment, watching him run past about 7 players, I highly doubt in that exact moment you were sitting with your arms folded thinking “this will come to nothing”.

That would be extremely odd behaviour.

Surely no football fan in the heat of the moment thinks like this?

Easy to type it after, but in that moment, watching him run past about 7 players, I highly doubt in that exact moment you were sitting with your arms folded thinking “this will come to nothing”.

That would be extremely odd behaviour.
You'd be wrong, you'd know that if you went to a game 😘

A measured, mature response. Cheers pal 😘
Get in the bin with your garbage, I'm not in the mood for your pathetic shite, your post was nonsense and deserved the response it got.

Not many people around us get out of our seats when Adama is dribbling and you would know that if you went to a game and sat by us.

How many of our players run around Shaw with the ease that Traore did?!

Back