• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Can’t see Doherty back here at all. Unless there’s fears about Jonny and hoever is deemed not good enough, which would be strange after his start a couple of weeks back

I fucking hope so, loads of Spurs fans getting excited about a Doc/Adama swap deal.

If Doc comes back for less than Spurs paid does that mean we have SOME money to spend then?

If Doc comes back for less than Spurs paid does that mean we have SOME money to spend then
The meltdown on here would be hilarious!

For that reason, i'm all in :)
Some things should never be joked about. The prospect of watching Doherty jog back from the opponent’s box is pretty high in that list.

Last edited:
Doherty as our new goal scoring central midfielder. Job done.
He'd probably make a better midfielder than fullback tbf.

Not a high bar obv. Not sure I've ever understood, even during his purple patch, how a scout/coach looked at Doc and said "yep, defender for sure".

He'd probably make a better midfielder than fullback tbf.

Not a high bar obv. Not sure I've ever understood, even during his purple patch, how a scout/coach looked at Doc and said "yep, defender for sure".
Nor me, seems the most bizarre place to put Doc. He's always had the technical ability to be a midfielder but not the mobility to play central. He's clearly a threat in the air.

Last edited:
Nor me, send the most bizarre place to put Doc. He's always had the technical ability to be a midfielder but not the mobility to play central. He's clearly a threat in the air.
Bring him back and pull a reverse Stephen Ward with him, ay?

I wouldn't want him back on a free. He's 30 this month, hasn't had a good game since he left us, can't do what we ask our wing backs to do under Lage, can't defend, on stupid money and I don't want to see his stupid beardy face again.

Plus we already have two RWBs, with Jonny to come back and Bolla (already a full international) out on loan.

Last edited:
Back