• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Anyway, back on track - he’ll be like a new signing…

D04A193F-A66F-4EBF-A91F-684431B10F6D.jpeg

Wasn’t just people from Wolverhampton though..
It probably was more then that it is now as car ownership was very low. Even if it wasn't, the population of the whole country was lower.

Per head of the population alot more people actually went to the match back then. All I was saying is that must have been quite exciting.

We're broke apparently.
Oh well. I mean I can accept the line of thinking that if we spunk, say, £50m this window we're not to get a massive return on it, we're not going down so don't need to stave off relegation and I doubt we'll be pushing for Europe so why waste the money? I could accept that if they planned to go big in the summer for next season, makes perfect sense. But I just don't see how we can be broke, and if we're not why lie? I'm starting to slowly lose my grip on the fence.

If we were planning on going big in any window for the foreseeable, surely it would have been the Summer window just gone, to allow the manager to get in his own players to play in the system and style he wants.

It's not going to happen, they have cut back the spending now. The only thing that remains is to have a look at the accounts when they are released to see what if anything is happening with the money the club is actually generating. If they are paying back money lent by Fosun, this minimal net spend business is here to stay for a while.

Average yeah, it was regularly around 50k though, which is quite amazing considering there were around 100k less people in Wolverhampton at the time
Only because the local authority boundaries were in a different place, with Bilston, Wednesfield and Tettenhall counted separately. The population of the present local authority area was about the same in 1961 as it is today.

Sorry to be a party-pooper!

Average yeah, it was regularly around 50k though, which is quite amazing considering there were around 100k less people in Wolverhampton at the time
Post war years, regular Saturday afternoon kick offs. Games against Villa, the Shit. Less commercial competition for your money, etc. Probably no more than a dozen home league matches during the 50s where we topped 50k.

I know we would all like to see two or three incoming transfers this month but it's not exactly a secret that getting a fair deal in January is much tougher than in July.

My "realistic" expectations are that we get one player in on loan, and maybe one on a permanent. Or vice versa.

Tl,dr; I'll be surprised if we get more than one new face by February. Unless we do manage to sell the likes of Adama (which I'd not be upset about anymore, much as I like him. Sako he ain't).

Jeff Shi is doing an excellent Mike Ashley impression . Can Jeff Bezos buy us out? 😂 you can only hope. Mind you seeing Adama in a shirt with prime stamped on it would just be meme fodder. Fosun have turned into an early sexual experience for teenage boys . Bright start , piqued interest quickly, lots of fumbling in the dark followed by a few sweet nothings and finishing with I am sorry that’s never happened before.

If Bezos buys the club I stop watching tbf. He can get fucked.

If Bezos buys the club I stop watching tbf. He can get fucked.
At least he would invest. His business models show he is very happy to speculate to accumulate. Whether you like him as a person or not . I am getting a bit tired of being pissed on every transfer window and being told it’s raining

Beat me to it, I was going to post the same, Bruno wanted a defender, midfielder and a forward, we've recalled Sanderson, Giles, so there's your defender and midfielder, Cutrone will be next up for an emotional return
Bit harsh on the kids to write them off like that, isn't it?

At some point we're going to need academy kids to break through with more regularity and immediately treating them as second class "purchases" ain't doing anyone any favors.

Oh is better than the Saudis and Abu Dhabi, that’s for sure, but the man is not exactly an Angel, to say the very least.

The business culture at Amazon is not one I want within a million miles of the club.

Maybe Fosun's is just as bad, but for now I'm ignorant to it if it is.

The fireworks display would be better with Bezos, all those dick shaped rockets everywhere, and if he discovers aliens, think of the billions of new fans we'd get

Back