• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

If Newcastle start hucking around that kind of money all willy nilly, I’d guess they’re the next QPR rather than Manchester City.

If Newcastle start hucking around that kind of money all willy nilly, I’d guess they’re the next QPR rather than Manchester City.

City spent millions on dross before they got it right aswell. The only difference was that they could continue to spend and there wasn't anything anyone could do, now there is not huge margins for error.

They’ve got a lot of leeway for 2-3 years as TT says. The issue is after that. If they’ve spent loads on dross they don’t want and can’t sell, or people with no resale value (Trippier), then they won’t be able to balance the books with “profit from player sales”. Unless they actually sell their best players, but then it’s 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Last edited:
It would be very Newcastle to go years without investment leading to relegation and/or call constantly flirting with it, only to then get a huge cash injection, spend it all on questionable deals, and end up in roughly the same spot anyway.

im guessing Newcastle fans won't care because
1. They're loaded
2. They've got rid of Ashley
3. They've got rid of Steve Bruce
So the futures bright, the futures sponsored by a torturous dictatorship

Never had an issue with Newcastle other than their fans seem to all wear magnifying glasses when talking about the size of their club. That said it would be extremely funny if having got rid of Ashley they went down. Oddly in their position they needed a manager who could get a tune out of a very average squad, someone like, let me think, maybe Steve Bruce. Obviously the tune was worse than two kids playing a recorder and a violin but somehow it worked. The fact they opted for Slimy Howe would make it even funnier.

To be fair to them, haven't they averaged over 50k at home this season, bearing in mind they've only won once !

Ornstein reckons we were in for Boubacar Kamara in the summer. He turned us down. Leaving Marseille on a free at the end of the season.

The January window is crap at the best of times, but with Covid I would imagine clubs will be even more reluctant to let players go.

I reckon the opposite, clubs will be less likely to want to buy.
Sorry not sure what happened there, but yes i meant to type less rather than more!!

Maybe the side effects of my booster as i wrote that in the waiting room in the immediate 15 min waiting period 🤣

Reactions: jlo
Because he's an incredible athlete but a poor footballer.

Love him to bits but the continued asking of "why isn't he more productive?" should have stopped four years ago. Even during his purple patch, I don't think many of us here expected that to continue long term. And it hasn't.

He's unbelievably exciting to watch in an academic sense, much less so in a competitive sense.

Because he's an incredible athlete but a poor footballer.

Love him to bits but the continued asking of "why isn't he more productive?" should have stopped four years ago. Even during his purple patch, I don't think many of us here expected that to continue long term. And it hasn't.

He's unbelievably exciting to watch in an academic sense, much less so in a competitive sense.
I agree with everything you've said there mate apart from the word academic. He's more like a striper that gets you excited but never goes full full frontal.

I agree with everything you've said there mate apart from the word academic. He's more like a striper that gets you excited but never goes full full frontal.
Sleeping with Adama feels like it would be a high-risk activity given his thighs probably weigh more than two of me.

I also get the sense that seeing Adama go full frontal would leave me feeling pretty inadequate. Fucking marble statue of a man, he is.

Is that someone wearing a stripey shirt?

Back