• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

I hope Liverpool buy him and find out how good he can be (not very).

Not sure about this - it is probably a top team who might have the resources to have him purely as someone to create some mayhem in the last half hour.
Why would they want Mayhem? Surely they want good footballers?

He is at his best on the counter, at his worst against the low block. These teams play most of their games against the low block.

He’s not “in the right place at the right time”, his delivery is largely poor, and he’s not going to score a goal out of nothing.

And then just sit back and wait for Del to go apoplectic ?

Not on this one! I'd snap your hand off at £30m tbh. I just can't see anybody paying that much, and then giving him the c£100k per week he's rumoured to want.

I just don't see Adama as having the style of play the top teams are looking for. When you see how Liverpool, man city etc play, it's crucial that their players might the right decisions quickly. It's not something Adama is very good at

Considering the big difference between the top sides and midtable is how they keep the ball at ease due to intelligent off the ball movement, it's absolutely laughable anyone thinks they'd be interested in a player who is the antithesis of that.

Does anyone have any idea how much money we have available before we'd need to go cap in hand to Fosun?

I guess the profits we've made over the last 2-3 years?

BBC gossip says Chelsea are going full on to sign Neves in January, so that'll leave our midfield of Joao and donk for the rest of the season

BBC gossip says Chelsea are going full on to sign Neves in January, so that'll leave our midfield of Joao and donk for the rest of the season
They're really pissed with us that the game went ahead then?!

BBC gossip is just reporting some shit Spanish website. 99.99% of what gets to the BBC gossip page is total fucking bollocks.

I think I can safely say that no, no one on a forum has a clue how what the buget is.

Easy to work out from the profits what sort of funds we 'should' have available. The issue is, it seems they don't want to use that so it'll be nowhere near. I'd be shocked if we spend anything.

We'll probably get £40m and Ross Barkley

£50m - £60m plus Chalobah wouldn't be the worst

Edit. Obviously wed need to recruit to replace neves

Absolutely no way we sell Neves this season.

Absolutely no way we sell Neves this season.
Agreed. No idea what would start the discussion, bid wise. I personally think he is fantastic and gets into majority of teams in the league - with Liverpool springing to mind maybe the only one he doesn’t. More due to the style of play than his ability

If they want to chuck 80m+ at us I can us going for it (assuming Ruben was interested in going, and why not?).

Any less and I doubt we give it a thought.

Firstly he is very happy here, and secondly he won't want to leave. And lastly Bruno and Wolves ain't selling him. So do one Chelski.

Could definitely do with him signing a new contract sooner rather than later

If we beat Watford that takes us to 28 points so relegation would be highly unlikely. If a really high bid came in I think Shi would find it hard to turn down if the business model is primarily stay in the PL. I doubt a high bid will come in though, and certainly not from Chelsea who have Saul, Jorginho, Kantes, Kovacic, Loftus Cheek, Chaloba and Barkley as central midfielders though obviously some play a more advanced role.

Chalobah is a centre half isn't he? The younger brother of the one who played centre mid.

Back