• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2022 Transfer Thread

Paris St-Germain, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham are all thought to be monitoring French left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri, 20, but Wolves would receive only 50% of any transfer fee due to a sell-on clause. (Mail)

Not factually correct as it's based on profit, not fee and we can buy the clause out, I've not seen a time period mentioned, but it's not going to be less than a season, but probably does indicate he's not going to be around for too long

He puts in one MOTM performance and the worlds elite clubs are knocking at his door, Adama must be pissed 🤣

Paris St-Germain, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham are all thought to be monitoring French left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri, 20, but Wolves would receive only 50% of any transfer fee due to a sell-on clause. (Mail)

Not factually correct as it's based on profit, not fee and we can buy the clause out, I've not seen a time period mentioned, but it's not going to be less than a season, but probably does indicate he's not going to be around for too long
As far as I know the buyout has no time limit. So if we get serious interest at a level where the sell on value to his previous club is higher than the buyout figure then we enact it. Otherwise we just let it tick on in the background.

As far as I know the buyout has no time limit. So if we get serious interest at a level where the sell on value to his previous club is higher than the buyout figure then we enact it. Otherwise we just let it tick on in the background.
It'd be quite telling if we were to buy it out any time soon.

Reports that AFCON is about to be postponed indefinitely. So we definitely won't be buying a centre back if true!

I see Keiran Trippier is being hawked around by his agent*

He'd be an excellent buy imo, wages notwithstanding of course.

We could sell Semedo/ Marçal to fund him.*

*There is no chance of this happening with Semedo here.

Marcal's deal is up this year isn't it? I guess we could sell him to Grasshoppers...

Marcal's deal is up this year isn't it? I guess we could sell him to Grasshoppers...
Yeah we'd get at least a whole £1m for him at his age and with his injury problems.

That's their wage structure fucked then
They won't care. Bar Saint-Maximin on a good day, not a single player they own is good enough long term for where they want to be.

They won't care. Bar Saint-Maximin on a good day, not a single player they own is good enough long term for where they want to be.
Nope, but any new players have got a very high benchmark to use in negotiations.

They obviously have infinite money but FFP has to be a consideration sooner or later.

FFP won't touch them for a couple of years due to Ashley and they don't need to worry about Europe. They'll need another 3 or 4 to go with him to keep them up though

Back