• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

I can see Jinky's point but I would say Bright has the higher potential in the medium to long term. I'd rather see him get the game time and progress. Same with Ronan before his injury, that lad is magic.

I think this is fair.

I don't rate Mason at anything above average and certainly not in the class of Tex and Bright (I haven't seen Ronan play).

Mason had a very good first half against Villa in that role, which is one of the first times we've ever picked him there, Ken decided he couldn't play that position for some reason. So for Tex to be definitively and emphatically better than him, that's a pretty high bar for someone we've never seen play there. Who we don't own.

Tex is definitely better than Bright. Ronan is too early to say as I've only seen him once or twice. Mason is probably better at the No. 10 role currently, but I'd still prefer him and Tex to duke it out there.

I've absolutely no problem with us terminating Tex's loan if we're playing young, homegrown talent in that position.

Tex is a very talented young lad who showed glimpses of real promise but playing Bright, Ronan and Co ahead of him is something I fully support.

I wish Tex well - but it's the right decision.

Bright should be going out on loan really. He's not quite ready for regular first team duties with us yet.

Bright should be going out on loan really. He's not quite ready for regular first team duties with us yet.

Surely this doesn't matter at this point? We aren't getting promoted this season, so unless we sign someone who's 100% going to be our number 10 I don't see a problem with persevering with youth to see if they're up to the standard for next season.

Joao needs games, he should stand head and shoulders above anything in that Forest squad. If he proves himself to be the quality player he clearly can be then I wouldn't rule out us going back for him in the summer when Helder leaves.

I'd normally be pissed off that we didn't find a way of making it work but as DW says we've brought Ronan and Bright into the first team which is pretty exciting.

Can't see any value in loaning Bright out personally.

Surely this doesn't matter at this point? We aren't getting promoted this season, so unless we sign someone who's 100% going to be our number 10 I don't see a problem with persevering with youth to see if they're up to the standard for next season.

I think you're right Sam, this is the chance to blood as many youngsters as we think are going to make it as we have nothing riding on this season. I'd like to see Ennis when he's fit and also Simpson given a chance at RB at some point.

Get Bright, Ronan, Ennis, Simpson and Gibbs-White some more game time, only then can we tell if they are going to step up or are in need of a loan next season.

Tex had a few good games and looked decent but since has been pretty woeful. Had a string of bad performances and then was left out completely and hadn't got back in. I don't particularly rate Mason but he was good against Villa so worth seeing what he can offer.

At risk of being crucified, if someone offered us £7m for Cavaleiro tomorrow I'd take it.

Tex had a few good games and looked decent but since has been pretty woeful. Had a string of bad performances and then was left out completely and hadn't got back in. I don't particularly rate Mason but he was good against Villa so worth seeing what he can offer.

At risk of being crucified, if someone offered us £7m for Cavaleiro tomorrow I'd take it.

Regarding Cav, I agree - £7M should get a lot more quality and consistency than he has shown so far.

I think you're right Sam, this is the chance to blood as many youngsters as we think are going to make it as we have nothing riding on this season. I'd like to see Ennis when he's fit and also Simpson given a chance at RB at some point.

Get Bright, Ronan, Ennis, Simpson and Gibbs-White some more game time, only then can we tell if they are going to step up or are in need of a loan next season.

Sadly I was thinking something similar at this point last season! At least we're more fun to watch now though!

Sun journalist Alan Nixon reckons Marshall's move to Wolves is now 'in jeopardy' as Lambert has fallen out with the Venky's.

When this is supposed to have happened he doesn't say, but if he is right then it looks like it's off.

Sun journalist Alan Nixon reckons Marshall's move to Wolves is now 'in jeopardy' as Lambert has fallen out with the Venky's.

When this is supposed to have happened he doesn't say, but if he is right then it looks like it's off.

Rumour seems to be (yes only Twitter) that Blackburn Rovers want more money for him.

From what I've seen, which in fairness is only twice Simpson isn't good enough.

If true then can't be that fussed - was never a season changing signing in any case

Lambert fell out with the Venky's last Spring when he walked out on them. So unless they have only just found out who Wolves' manager is - which with them is possible, then this isn't new news. If they want to knock back the best part of £2m based on a grudge then that's their call, we'll sign him for free in the Summer instead.

Nixon has a terrible hit rate, I wouldn't pay too much notice to him (he got pretty much everything about our takeover wrong for instance). He used to just be Owen Coyle's mouthpiece and now he seems more interested in riling people on Twitter than anything else.

Lambert fell out with the Venky's last Spring when he walked out on them. So unless they have only just found out who Wolves' manager is - which with them is possible, then this isn't new news. If they want to knock back the best part of £2m based on a grudge then that's their call, we'll sign him for free in the Summer instead.

Yep...Marshall refused a transfer by Venkys, we tried so he sits out his contract and walks away in 5 months and they get nothing. They aren't very bright, are they?

Perfect negotiating for Marshall - tie up Blackburn in negotiations for the entire window and block any other team from signing him. Pick the bloke up as soon as the contract expires. Really what would be the point of paying £1.7M when this season is a write off anyway? It's as if Jeremy Moxey never left.

Back