• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Excellent news!, the guy is pure class and is only 23 he will be one top Premiership player with us or not with us but if we can keep him for another season get promotion im sure they will probably keep him, if we dont get promoted next year he will be sold i think.

Its pointless buying him to sell him again 5 months later.

And to be honest the lad is worth it even if hes on 40/50k a week hes miles better than any other player in the Division.

a6d59f983c486d851ecb98575161d94c.jpg

LOL! perfect picture for this day i think, just got back from Liverpool, there fans were shit, outsung them for the whole game even when their so called famous "youll never walk alone" was played couldnt hear them....

Seriously, if Palace are buying Schlupp for £12m and Van Arnholt (sp) for £14m, Costa is worth £25m

Hes fucking magic. Best player on the pitch today and absolutely massive for us. Please let this be true.

Would we lose him in the summer? Surely if the player himself was set on leaving he'd sit tight and get a better deal then, right?

Suppose he gets a signing on fee from us now and then if he moves on another one in the summer from whoever he goes to.

He's laughing, Mendes is laughing and we will be laughing if we a few million out of it

Great news, best player on the pitch today*

* just seen Jinkys post, fuck it wont change it anyway

Suppose he gets a signing on fee from us now and then if he moves on another one in the summer from whoever he goes to.

He's laughing, Mendes is laughing and we will be laughing if we a few million out of it

Great news, best player on the pitch today*

* just seen Jinkys post, $#@! it wont change it anyway

The worst case scenario is we get a load of profit on him. Best case he stays and we get a few more of his quality

Long term deal it's costing 2-3 million a year. Be mad not to. What I can work out is if we sold him for say £20million does that give us £17 - 18 million to spend in FFP terms?
Ah what the hell, we won at Anfield, all the local bin dipper fans will be hard to find.

Grant Hanley linked from Newcastle initially on loan with a view to 5m deal.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Grant Hanley linked from Newcastle initially on loan with a view to 5m deal.

Aaaaaaaand back to Earth with a bump. Don't do it Paul. :(

Aaaaaaaand back to Earth with a bump. Don't do it Paul. :(
Probably just lazy journalism he's Scottish, played for Blackburn. Not seen much of him but I take it he's not very good lol.

Probably just lazy journalism he's Scottish, played for Blackburn. Not seen much of him but I take it he's not very good lol.

He's basically Danny Batth. Kick it, head it, fall over his own feet kind of defender.

He's basically Danny Batth. Kick it, head it, fall over his own feet kind of defender.
Oh god no then. To be honest the way Hause played yesterday alongside Stears and with Williamson not too far off I am starting to think we don't need another CB. Maybe I'm still drunk...

Oh god no then. To be honest the way Hause played yesterday alongside Stears and with Williamson not too far off I am starting to think we don't need another CB. Maybe I'm still drunk...

I'm definitely still drunk but I agree that we don't need another CB just yet (providing Williamson can keep fit).

Williamson can't stay fit but we have Batth, Hause and stearman plus Iorfa to cover and young Johnson from he u23s if necessary. Would rather use these guys for now rather than sign Hanley.

I think he is better than that and probably a better back line leader but my knowledge is limited. Did he play for Lambert at Blackburn? If so I can see why Lambert may want him. Ticks several boxes. I still have an inkling that Iorfa is going. I feel it in my water. That said my predictions and theories are more sieve like than water tight so what do I know!

I think we need another CB and wouldn't mind a super creative CM with that. Stable goalie with good feet would be nice too..dont think we can get a striker in January window, stupidly overpriced

Hanley keeps on falling over because his big fat head is out of proportion with the rest of his body..

Back