• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Got to say I don't really understand the "we need to get rid of players before we sign new ones" argument. Bin off CBJ, John and Tex (sadly) who aren't ours in the first place and won't be used from here on, ignore Silvio who's long term injured and probably won't play for us again, you're left with:

Ikeme, Burgoyne, Lonergan

Iorfa, Batth, Stearman, Doherty, Hause, Williamson, Deslandes

Price, Edwards, Saiss, Oniangue, Coady, Saville, Evans

Costa, Cavaleiro, Wallace, Ronan, Graham, Zyro, Henry

Dicko, Bodvarsson, Mason, Enobakhare, Gladon

That's 29. You might as well ignore Zyro off that list as he won't play this season, Henry who I think is down to return but will just be sent back out again, Deslandes who isn't really in contention for the first team and Gladon who obviously isn't in the picture - it makes no difference if he's hanging around and dicking about on Instagram to be honest. So 25 plus kids who haven't played for us yet. That doesn't seem massively unwieldy to me when it includes three keepers. Unbalanced you might say but it isn't like Barry Fry's squad at Blues back in the day.

Lambert has mentioned a couple of times about not being able to coach a group that big properly, which I can believe to a degree as we seem to have quite a small coaching staff. Reading between the lines it sounds like a smaller squad is a personal preference of Lambert which is fair enough, Mourinho favours a smaller squad as well as others I would imagine.

If he wants a smaller squad then that's fine by me, there's a fair bit of flotsam there that could easily be jettisoned without it impacting on us whatsoever. Just banging on about us having a supporting cast that's bigger than Ben Hur is a bit wide of the mark, we aren't dealing with a situation whereby we have tons of fit and available senior pros not doing anything. Loads of the ones in that breakdown who haven't been featuring regularly either have been injured or still are injured.

As ever, you can only sell what people will buy, so while I could happily chop 6-10 names off our books in an ideal world, we need someone to want them first.

Yep, it's certainly not easy getting rid of players. Of that list I count 7 players who won't likely feature for us this season, Deslandes, Evans, Graham, Zyro, Wallace, Henry and Gladon. I would gladly get rid of any of those if buyers could be found.

Yep, it's certainly not easy getting rid of players. Of that list I count 7 players who won't likely feature for us this season, Deslandes, Evans, Graham, Zyro, Wallace, Henry and Gladon. I would gladly get rid of any of those if buyers could be found.
Evans and Zyro deserve another chance, possibly Deslandes too. And I certainly wouldn't be getting rid of Graham.

I would like zyro and Wallace to stay.. Regarding Evans im on the fence

Why on earth would you get rid of Graham? Incredible statement.

I would like zyro and Wallace to stay.. Regarding Evans im on the fence
Sorry, of course I meant Graham instead of Wallace.. Dont know why I wrote wallace there

We were pretty much a 1 man team when Graham was playing, I would be gutted if we got rid of him. Gladon, Wallace, Tex, John, Saville, EEL, Henry,CBJ can all go for me.

I pray we will sign a CB, LB & ST

We were pretty much a 1 man team when Graham was playing, I would be gutted if we got rid of him. Gladon, Wallace, Tex, John, Saville, EEL, Henry,CBJ can all go for me.

I pray we will sign a CB, LB & ST

I think most of us do Siggy.

Why on earth would you get rid of Graham? Incredible statement.

Whoops, yes just noticed that. Of course I wouldn't want to get rid of Graham or Zyro. Immaterial anyway, who would want a player who has been out for 12 months with a serious injury!

Linked to Jackson Irvine from Burton Albion. Would be happy with that, he's a better centre mid than Coady, Saville, Edwards et al.

I don't know if it's the way the E and S reports them, but our managers always come across as complete fuckwits in their 'exclusives'.

Bubble burst dreams shattered. How anyone including Lambert can think our CB's are up to scratch is beyond me. I hope it's a smokescreen.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Disheartening and strange comments. I appreciate we need to get rid of some players but that shouldn't mean we ignore glaring weaknesses in the 1st team!! And what happened to a striker is my top priority?

So...6 CB's. Batth, Stearman, Williamson, Hause, err..... Deslandes? Who??

Ah, he includes EEL

Oooo...They have the entire strikeforces of the Championship quaking in their boots :facepalm: :screwy:

Back