• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

But they have no idea how to run a football club.

I've heard Jeff and Sky have a blinding high wire act and certainly know how to put a beach towel out before the other nasty forriners get there.

Its ok boys...."Reported moves for Ipswich defender Luke Chambers and Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood are also thought to be wide of the mark"

I hope that Prince isn't on his way, as the E&S are speculating. If his attitude is right, surely we should give him a chance until summer.

I hope that Prince isn't on his way, as the E&S are speculating. If his attitude is right, surely we should give him a chance until summer.
Considering the lack of box to box type midfielders we have at the club it would be madness to sell him unless we have someone lined up as a replacement.

There are plenty of players we should be looking to offload before Prince

Don't rule out Costa being here next season. Graham and Zyro to come back and Cavaleiro with more to come. Don't go back, let's look forward. I love Sako but no.

And btw we won't be spending big in this window, looking to get rid of 6 or 7 from what I've been told, if not more hopefully.

Personally I think they were just trying to manage expectations with the costa comment. I hope he's still here.

I agree with the sako sentiment you display. Love the guy, but what message would that send to Bright, Ronan et al?

I think we'll cancel Tex's loan this window. Like to see a fair few gone so we have a more practical squad. And get in 2 quality defenders.

Oh, and I pray to god we don't sign westwood. Shite.

Considering the lack of box to box type midfielders we have at the club it would be madness to sell him unless we have someone lined up as a replacement.

I don't think that Prince is a box-to-box type midfielder. He strikes me as more of a quality passer rather than an athletic type

He's definitely supposed to be box to box. There was an article a few years ago comparing him to Ramsey of arsenal, suggesting they should sign him as an understudy.

As I said a couple of months ago when he was getting a bit of a panning out of nowhere on here, I can't judge him until I've seen him in a functional midfield. The mess that Zenga was sending out did him no favours at all, new league, new country and you're given no instructions on what to do.

Pat Murphy saying McCormack would be too expensive for us even on loan as his wages are Sky high.

Also linked to Tjarron Cherry and Luke Murphy. Bargain bucket.

Chery is off to China I think.

I don't know where the McCormack story is even coming from, if Villa sell him then they're stuck with Agbonlahor and Kozak as their only forwards for the next 4-6 weeks, he's not even available. Pat Murphy, like Dim Spiers, is pissing in the wind.

Seems like Bailey Wright is leaving Preston. I'd happily take him here.

Connected with winger Abdoul Camara from Derby.

Former Angers player like Saiss.

We were supposed to be after him under Solbakken, before we signed Sako.

He hasn't done much there and you wonder why we want another left winger (I could understand *why* we'd look at Sako given the natural lift that would give everyone because of his status, but not some relative randomer). Buy a striker FFS!

I feel like every day we are linked with a left winger, which is annoying as we've finally started playing the left winger we've had and wanted to see all season and potentially have Ronan now too for there. I keep hoping they meant to say left back, surely that's it!

Been linked with Bamford, not sure what to make of it.

Been linked with Bamford, not sure what to make of it.

Afobe proved you can’t judge too much from a multitude of loan spells. Bamford has been more prolific so I’m confident he will be an improvement on the banjo-carrying Dicko and barn-door-missing Bod! I don’t think we will do a lot better this window.

Wow, another transfer window another Bamford to Wolves rumour!
In fairness he'd be a good signing for us but I doubt his ego would consider a bottom half Championship side.

Back