• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Ronan fits in instead of Edwards as that is his natural position

Ronan fits in instead of Edwards as that is his natural position

I thought he'd played most of his football behind the front man and only recently gone back into midfield for the U23's?

If it's the case he can play in midfield then great but he and Price will be smaller than Rae and Cameron in the middle.

Small doesn't mean "lightweight" and we could dominate with on the ground, passing football

Midfield 3 of Saiss, Price and Ronan

Wrong to say "we don't want Sako because we have Zyro and Graham" coming back. We have Dicko back and he's nowhere near the player he was. Meanwhile us and Villa are linked with Chery from QPR, who I think Lambert has tried to sign previously?

Midfield 3 of Saiss, Price and Ronan

I wouldn't see that as a bad thing as long as Ronan is in the 10 slot. Equally I wouldn't have a problem wiht him deep if the 3 in front were Sako-Cav-Costa (A.N.Other).

Nice to have those sort of problems and whilst we've only seen Ronan play once I'd like to think him and Prince have a large part to play in the midfield set up.

Still think we have more pressing problems than taking Sako back, striker and central defender being two of them.

Don't rule out Costa being here next season. Graham and Zyro to come back and Cavaleiro with more to come. Don't go back, let's look forward. I love Sako but no.

And btw we won't be spending big in this window, looking to get rid of 6 or 7 from what I've been told, if not more hopefully.

Front four of
----------- Dicko/Bod -----------

Sako ---------- Cav ---------- Costa

Er, yes please. We know what Sako can bring to the table and also know he scores goals, something we are lacking. He could also be the spark that fires Nouha again

That front four would give us half a chance of outscoring most of this division even with the current defence. Sako knows us and we know him. Its a no brainer for me given our ambitions

TimII says cooling on Marshall as don't want to spend £1m+ and have enquired about McCormack, but Villa only interested in sale not loan

Villa won't let him go with Justhead leaving and Kodjia/Ayew off to ACON

A lot of transfer talk seems to suggest that our budget is limited. So maybe our new owners are not prepared to spend a lot more money. Either that or they want out. In six months we have gone from being a billionaire club to being limited on what we can spend. It doesn't really add up.

Caught up with thread and wow, there's some drivel.

"Don't sign Sako because we have Graham and Zyro". Seriously? He's streets ahead of them even if they come back at the same level and there's no sign of them back anytime soon anyway.

"We can't afford him". Funny how only a few months people were saying we are loaded and money is not an issue. As mentioned, if Blues can get him so can we.

"He wouldn't get in the team". He's better than cavaleiro for a start and we have no depth in wide areas anyway.

Plus the simple lift to the club it would bring. It would bring more than just a good player.

A lot of transfer talk seems to suggest that our budget is limited. So maybe our new owners are not prepared to spend a lot more money. Either that or they want out. In six months we have gone from being a billionaire club to being limited on what we can spend. It doesn't really add up.
If we were 8th and two points off the top six, we'd probably hurl money at it, we aren't so there's no point. A couple of quality improvements then go again properly in the summer when you have four months rather than four weeks to work with.

You need to put the 'Fosun want out' theories aside, they really don't.

It's January 3rd. The club have said nothing.

And people wonder why I hate the transfer window so much.

That front four would give us half a chance of outscoring most of this division even with the current defence. Sako knows us and we know him. Its a no brainer for me given our ambitions

Any front four including Dicko or Bod as the central striker would struggle to outscore anyone! It won’t matter how many chances we create if we’re relying on either of this pair to score.

Really don't understand why you think they would want out Frank - you've mentioned it a lot, why do you think so?

I can understand some reluctance to spend in January to big money. However I think there will be some good movement.

Don't forget we are dictated by FFP a bit. If we were close to the top that wouldn't be a major issue as you go up and tell the FL where to shove it but as we are staying put this season (well not going up) the last thing we need is a transfer embargo for next season. Doesn't matter if you are loaded or not.

Back