• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Really don't understand why you think they would want out Frank - you've mentioned it a lot, why do you think so?

They came into the club with a fanfare, and if not promising the world, they certainly said things would improve. They then appointed a nice but clueless manager, and I am far from convinced about Lambert. But why are reports saying our budget is limited? If they had all this money to spend and were serious about things why are we only reportedly after players who will not exceed our limited budget. They are certainly not the Bhattis, but I am not convinced that they have Wolverhampton Wanderers as their priority. It just does not sit easy with me.

Things have improved, this is way better than last season. If it were just about the football and not the day out with friends then I'd have stopped going in 2015/16 as what was the point, there was literally nothing by way of entertainment. There are a lot of things wrong with our current team but we aren't boring.

Very few new owners (foreign or otherwise) come in and get it spot on straight away. Man City, Leicester, Fulham under Al-Fayed, they all had at least one transitional season.

You don't be successful in business by spending money unnecessaryily. Why buy him now when we can get Marshall for free in the summer?

They came into the club with a fanfare, and if not promising the world, they certainly said things would improve. They then appointed a nice but clueless manager, and I am far from convinced about Lambert. But why are reports saying our budget is limited? If they had all this money to spend and were serious about things why are we only reportedly after players who will not exceed our limited budget. They are certainly not the Bhattis, but I am not convinced that they have Wolverhampton Wanderers as their priority. It just does not sit easy with me.

Never made any errors when new to something Frank?? I'm not saying they have done a great job so far or that they are going to do a great job but 6 months really isn't long enough to judge them. Not sure whether to believe that this is what you actually think or you are just being the total opposite of what you used to be because people mentioned that you can't just say we will win every game and never criticise.

It seems unlikely Fosun want out so soon, especially following on their initial comments about taking time etc.
It's rather early in the window to assume we're not going to spend much but to some extent it would make sense to allow us more room for manoeuvre in the summer.
A few million for a footballer is nothing much to Fosun but we do have to pay lip service to FFP even if we can lever some sponsorships from them in the close season.

Don't forget we are dictated by FFP a bit. If we were close to the top that wouldn't be a major issue as you go up and tell the FL where to shove it but as we are staying put this season (well not going up) the last thing we need is a transfer embargo for next season. Doesn't matter if you are loaded or not.

£36million in a three year period, means anyone at the club (Thelwell) mentioning FFP should be sacked on the spot.

Anyway, as Frank says Fosun are a selling company not a buying one, the CEO says so http://www.mingtiandi.com/real-esta...ake-in-shanghai-bund-project-for-rmb5-33-bil/

Well, they know how to sell with a cool profit of $700m on one asset anyway.

Almost certain they'll plan to sell us on as a PL side when a profit can be made, don't think anyone would object to that.

They're an investment business,stuff is going to be bought and sold,at the minute we're nowhere near being sold,they wouldn't make much, if any profit,the best time to sell us would be if we are a consistent top 10 premier league side.

They're an investment business,stuff is going to be bought and sold,at the minute we're nowhere near being sold,they wouldn't make much, if any profit,the best time to sell us would be if we are a consistent top 10 premier league side.

This

my comment and link was tongue in cheek.

Almost certain they'll plan to sell us on as a PL side when a profit can be made, don't think anyone would object to that.

I'd guess that the advertising opportunities for Fosun International in the Premier League and, dare I say it, the Champions League, will be worth a lot more than anything they'd make by selling us.

If we were 8th and two points off the top six, we'd probably hurl money at it, we aren't so there's no point. A couple of quality improvements then go again properly in the summer when you have four months rather than four weeks to work with.

You need to put the 'Fosun want out' theories aside, they really don't.

This is a good point, no point paying extreme money for people in a nothing season, I'm hoping we stay up comfortably, continue to play better football and get lots of game time for our promising youngsters in order tt build for a promotion push next year. I would hope that we look to improve the defence at the very least this window though.

my comment and link was tongue in cheek.

I'd guess that the advertising opportunities for Fosun International in the Premier League and, dare I say it, the Champions League, will be worth a lot more than anything they'd make by selling us.

Without a doubt. The money is in having a successful Premier league side, they will be making money on their investment every year and will have no need to sell. let's hope they learn quickly and we can start moving towards this goal.

Neither did abramovich, mansoor, glazers, enic, Sir Jack, blah, etc

Whereas Sir Jack throwing cash at it and then pulling the draw bridge up whenever he felt was excellent running of a football club.

Whereas Sir Jack throwing cash at it and then pulling the draw bridge up whenever he felt was excellent running of a football club.

Not to mention his world class selection of managers.

The best thing they've done so far is undoing what they did by appointing Zenga. :)

Back