• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

It's midday,still not signed anyone,boo Jeff and FOSUN(only put in capitals to annoy people) out!

Window opens on 3 January!
There should be a load of activity in the next few days even if we can't actually sign anyone yet. Marshal sounds like its a done deal but who else?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Twitter linking us with Luke Chambers from Ipswich https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Chambers

I wasn't that impressed with him, but one of the things I really want at the club is a leader and someone to organise the team a bit - Mick McCarthy quote below....

“Yes, he’s probably a centre-back, but he’s done amazingly well. On Saturday he just had a bit of a tough day. But if anybody gives any more than he does, in terms of the commitment for the cause, I’d like to see it.

“Let me tell you, there is nobody better in the club (for right-back) and he’s one of the best captains I’ve ever had. He is a leader, the lads call him ‘skip’ and they all look up to him. I think he’s been an inspiration to a lot of players. He drives them on."

Just to prove how bad we have been if it had been a calendar year for a champion ship season we would be 4th from bottom above forest Blackburn and Rotherham.

Their fans absolutely hate him. A central midfielder that doesn't score, create, tackle or break up play

You'd think if there was anything in it then it'd be a Lambert signing as is Marshall

My thoughts exactly. Besides which, midfield is not really a priority.
RB, LB and CH are all a priority, but a decent, ball-playing central midfielder is a must for me this January. Westwood isn't that player, but we should definitely be looking for one.

Names i'm seeing bandied about don't fill me with much confidence that Thelwell and Co will be bringing players in much better than currently here.
Just hope i'm wrong.

Probably best to stay off Twitter. Latest there is 6'4" championship hot-shot Kyle Lafferty

What's luke chambers like? What I've read seems good, a bit of a Mike Williamson

What's luke chambers like? What I've read seems good, a bit of a Mike Williamson
Christ knows what you've been reading then, clogger at centre half and truly awful at right back. We have to aim higher than him.

A few people on Twitter reporting a bid from Aaron Morley of Rochdale - 16 but already played for their first team

I will be controversial and say that we shouldnt sign anyone. For example in attack Dicko, Bod, Mason are enough. Ennis to come. In midfield we are well covered. Jordan Graham to come. In defence, we have Iorfa, Hause and Williamson to cover yesterdays back 4. Ikeme and Burgoyne in goal. Bright and Ronan are two new players.

With the best will in the world, this sason is a write off. So I say cull the squad now of dead wood, and add in the summer as needed.

Back