• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

He's a rubbish striker. We'd be better off giving Donovan Wilson or Aaron Collins a go.

He's the guy who missed the sitter against us in the last minute. Would be a bizarre signing.

And 4 months ago we were turning our nose up at Mario Balotelli!

Ben Marshall wears an Alice band, I'm not sure I want him at wolves anymore

Ben Marshall wears an Alice band, I'm not sure I want him at wolves anymore

Gloves, Alice bands. Only a matter of time before one of the buggers wears tights. End of civilisation as we know it...

I'd take Bailey Wright from Preston if we're looking over there.

A few Twitter accounts linking us with Jordan Hugill of Preston. No idea what he's like or whether they're accurate.

A genuinely terrible footballer, Vale fans were delighted he went and laughed when he rocked up at Preston. He's big, slow and has the technical ability of Big George.

Hopefully it's a load of crap. I see we're also linked with a lad from Burton who I know nothing about.

If he's good enough to actually get the ball forwards and link Mason/ Bright and Bod/ Dicko/ Another then sign him up on Tuesday.

Lambert...

"I'm not one for sentimental things. It’s wrong for the club and it’s wrong for the individual, if you keep people here just through sentimental reasons it’s wrong.

"You have to be brutally honest with people and say this is the plan."

....you can read into this what you like but I wonder if there will be surprise or 2!

Lambert...

"I'm not one for sentimental things. It’s wrong for the club and it’s wrong for the individual, if you keep people here just through sentimental reasons it’s wrong.

....you can read into this what you like but I wonder if there will be surprise or 2!

Bloody well hope so. Meanwhile Ikeme joins the list of bang average players to get a long term deal. Slightly baffled by the long term strategy at the moment...

Bloody well hope so. Meanwhile Ikeme joins the list of bang average players to get a long term deal. Slightly baffled by the long term strategy at the moment...
I share your confusion the next month will be very interesting.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Lambert...

Sounds to me like a few of our academy grads now in the first team are going to get cut loose. Possibly some of the bigger figures in the dressing room too. Stearman's loan cancelled, perhaps?

No Frank and I dont trust Thelwell, Lambert and Co to do so either ..please get a higher standard manager in, get rid of some deadwood (both players and staff)

The absolute bare minimum we need is a CB and a proper FB........not that confident we'll get even that

I must admit I would like a staff reshuffle. I am encouraged by Lambert in the last 3 to 4 games, losing yesterday was nothing to do with him. That said Thelwell should be sacked and I would like to see a full Lambert backroom team in place to give him a fair crack of the whip. At the end of January when his signings are in place only then can we really judge him. The need for a decent CB is beyond desperate we just can't continue the same could be said for LB. Why Golbourne was considered surplus to requirements I cannot get my head around.

Back to hitting refresh every 2 minutes hoping for news!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back