• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2017 Transfer Thread

Henry lost the ability to cross the ball somewhere along the line. When you ally that to his lack of pace you aren't left with very much. He pops up with goals semi-regularly but we have Dave to do that and one of him is more than enough.

I think the stick he got was more down to Ken picking him every week, regardless of performance. I have no idea why we extended his deal (as well as that of his partner-in-crime on the Left Hand Side of Doom). Both he and VLP should have been ditched in the summer of 2015, not good enough.

According to FL92 on Twitter we've bid £1.5m for Marshall. No idea how reliable they are, not very though I don't think.

Shouldn't cost that much, out of contract in six months and Blackburn are totally fucked. £500k maybe.

I don't particularly want him from what I've heard so don't really see the point even at that price.

I am sure Iorfa will come back strong he has lost confidence playing in a disaster of a defence. Once the rest is sorted I think he can come back in and will be fine.

CB & LB needs looking at first then midfield. If we can sign a better RB than Iorfa when he is in form then fair enough.

If Marshall can cover several positions then I am all for it just not for 1.5 million lol.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

1.5 Mil is a lot for someone with 6 months left, I don't think that's good value

The usual Sako rumours are around, no brainer for me if we can get him

We don't actually NEED left wingers at all. Especially those on north of £50k a week.

Other priorities first please, much as we all love Bakary.

I'd like to have someone to cover the wide positions as it will severely hamper us if Costa or Cav are out or rested. Graham will be a while and with Wallace/Henry out of the picture we don't have many options other than playing a central midfielder out there.

Agree that we need defenders first though

I'd like to have someone to cover the wide positions as it will severely hamper us if Costa or Cav are out or rested. Graham will be a while and with Wallace/Henry out of the picture we don't have many options other than playing a central midfielder out there.

Agree that we need defenders first though

We've got Saville and Edwards!

Some other ideas based on looking at PL squads.

CB - Rob Holding (Ars), Tiago Ilori (Liv), Bernardo Espinosa (Mid), Adrian Mariappa (Wat)

LB - Zeki Fryers (Palace), Tyias Browning (Eve), Stephen Kingsley (Swa)

CM - Shaun Maloney (Hul), Grant Leadbitter (Mid), Matty James (Lei), Harrison Reed (Sou)

FOR - Frazier Campbell (Palace), Yaya Sanogo (Ars)

I'm vetoing Sanogo right now, one of the worst footballers I've ever seen.

I was trying to remember if I'd seen him as I knew he was on loan at Charlton.

Sanogo has had back problems for about a year now i think?

Maloney could be a creative alternative, Holding is promising, liked Mariappa a year or so ago, how old is he now? Fryers good offence, bad defence? James if fit.. Maybe Reed depends on new swans boss.. Campbell is too inconsistent for me

Moloney would be hated at Wolves, too lightweight and goes missing too often. The type of player that would be jumped on almost immediately. I don't really see the point in signing Holding, he's not leaving Arsenal permanently and loans without a view to permanency make little sense in our current league position. Browning the same

Mariappa would be decent if he's the same player from a about 3/4 years ago, but has warmed a lot of benches since then. Leadbitter I'd like and would make him captain, hard bitten veteran of the Championship and has won promotions. James would depend on how fit he is. Sanogo as above comments. Campbell has merit on an 18 month deal, I'm not a massive fan, but we are weak in that area. Fryers needs to find a permanent home and settle there...does he wear gloves? If not bring him in.

I don't know enough about the rest on the list to comment

Fryers fundamentally can't defend. No thanks.

Maloney was absolutely gash at Chicago. Don't want him here in a million years.

Mariappa still plays well for Jamaica, but at right back rather than center back.

Maloney was absolutely gash at Chicago. Don't want him here in a million years.

Mariappa still plays well for Jamaica, but at right back rather than center back.

lol please don't judge someone on their limited time in MLS. Especially Chicago. That club is a tire fire and he was probably looking over his shoulder to make sure he wouldn't get shot for 90 minutes.

A few Twitter accounts linking us with Jordan Hugill of Preston. No idea what he's like or whether they're accurate.

Back