• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 2 v Wolves 2. A satisfactory result (given the performance) verdict thread

A reasonable point, I'm bothered by Tim2's Tweet that with a couple of minutes left that we had a free kick deep in their half and kept both Batth and Williamson back. Given how far we are from the play offs surely we should be looking to win rather than trying to protect the point?

A somewhat expected result that more than anything cements mine, and others, sense of mid table mediocrity - a backwards step from last season. But hey ho still looking forward to next week

A reasonable point, I'm bothered by Tim2's Tweet that with a couple of minutes left that we had a free kick deep in their half and kept both Batth and Williamson back. Given how far we are from the play offs surely we should be looking to win rather than trying to protect the point?

I thought that! Having reflected a little, perhaps it was a reflection on how we had given away 2 goals so rescuing a point was better than nothing.

You could put them up and leave Golbourne and Price back. Difficult to really comment without seeing the game, but knowing Mick I's be amazed if he left 2 men upi

Just seen the goals. The second isn't very good defending but it's also pretty poor on Ikeme's part. Really bad starting position then moves across the six yard box as if it's made of quicksand and leaves a more or less open goal.

Good cross by Alfie for Afobe's goal.

We get a point away at a team that could be a rival for the top six, and people are being so negative.
We are still 14th and I'm sure we will climb the table if we can carry on picking up points when we are playing 'shit'.
Just think how well we will do when we play well.
Inconsistent play is our enemy at the moment, but I'm sure KJ will sort it, injuries allowing.

Ipswich 2 v Wolves 2. A satisfactory result (given the performance) verdict t...

We are still 14th and I'm sure we will climb the table if we can carry on picking up points when we are playing 'shit'.
Just think how well we will do when we play well.
Inconsistent play is our enemy at the moment, but I'm sure KJ will sort it, injuries allowing.

The problem with that is we're 20 games in now (including the League Cup) and we've played well about five times, if you were being really generous. It's being wildly optimistic to just hope we'll turn it on, there isn't really much evidence to support that happening.

I'd have took a point before kick off particularly after our recently inconsistent/poor performances. Whatever we think of Dave Edwards, if he keeps getting the odd goal, Jacketts got to pick him. Who else in midfield scores on a regular basis?
Mick must have been doing his nut after being in the lead twice, would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in the home dressing room :)

The problem with that is we're 20 games in now (including the League Cup) and we've played well about five times, if you were being really generous. It's being wildly optimistic to just hope we'll turn it on, there isn't really much evidence to support that happening.

I'm not 'wildly optimistic' about anything and if we have only played well about five times, then we have done well to get 20 pts..
I'm also not as negative as some others on here and considering the obstacles we have had to overcome, I think we are not doing too badly.

I'd have took a point before kick off particularly after our recently inconsistent/poor performances. Whatever we think of Dave Edwards, if he keeps getting the odd goal, Jacketts got to pick him. Who else in midfield scores on a regular basis

Yes he has scored a few goals, but playing him rather than giving Afobe decent support means we score less overall.

Odds on Edwards outscoring Afobe this season will be fairly long.

Some people just robotically trot out this wait "trust in Kenny he'll turn it around " sorry he needed to turn it around 10 games ago! It isn't easy but he hasn't done it. is there anyone. out there its a mute point as it won't happen
We have made some poor signings but you can't guarantee anything in football but the lack of ambition shows
I think KJ has had his hands tied behind his back but even so he can't motivate he doesn't pick his best team
For me he is a tinkerer out of his comfort zone. He has done ok first two seasons but third is a shambolic mess.

Wouldn't disagree. But I imagine Edwards scoring, gives jackett a bit of a dilemma when he's desperate for results.

A point is a reasonable result. At meant we came from behind twice and showed a bit if fight. We must win our next few home games though.

Ikeme was woefully out of position and slow to get back but Baath and Iorfa were shockingly bad, completely switched off and just let the lad go through

Ikeme was woefully out of position and slow to get back but Baath and Iorfa were shockingly bad, completely switched off and just let the lad go through

watching the video I'd have to say Ikeme was more to blame there - not sure what he was doing! Down to rustiness?

watching the video I'd have to say Ikeme was more to blame there - not sure what he was doing! Down to rustiness?
Nah, he just misread the situation.

Back