• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull (H) 3/4 Build-up thread

Only 8 games left now. Just give German Phil a run out and see if he sinks or swims. .

20 mins
30 mins
66 mins
90 mins

All in half paced games after over a year out. The time out is the biggy here, this isn't a couple of months. I would rather not gamble on him until everything we want is secured. Right now, Phil would sink and being knackered is only one of the issues, he will be a huge injury risk as well, so soon after returning.

20 mins
30 mins
66 mins
90 mins

All in half paced games after over a year out. The time out is the biggy here, this isn't a couple of months. I would rather not gamble on him until everything we want is secured. Right now, Phil would sink and being knackered is only one of the issues, he will be a huge injury risk as well, so soon after returning.

He's been building up the minutes nicely. I understand he's been out for a long time, but its clear he's fit & capable of playing an hour or so this evening. They still tackle and make contact in the under 23's!

He's been building up the minutes nicely. I understand he's been out for a long time, but its clear he's fit & capable of playing an hour or so this evening. They still tackle and make contact in the under 23's!

It won't be tackling that does him.

The natural return for him would have been to appear on the bench and come on for 20 or 30 mins. The way we have handled his return, I would be amazed if we go all Dean Saunders on his ass and think "well if anything snaps, he has the summer to get over it".
If he doesn't appear tonight from the start, then he is still a few weeks away. Would love to be wrong, as I want to see him play but I just don't see him starting tonight. Bench at best.

It won't be tackling that does him.

The natural return for him would have been to appear on the bench and come on for 20 or 30 mins. The way we have handled his return, I would be amazed if we go all Dean Saunders on his ass and think "well if anything snaps, he has the summer to get over it".
If he doesn't appear tonight from the start, then he is still a few weeks away. Would love to be wrong, as I want to see him play but I just don't see him starting tonight. Bench at best.
I suppose Nuno may choose to wait until the title/promotion is confirmed before drip feeding Phil in for a few minutes here and there.

If they think he's fit enough to get an hour or so out of him, I'd chuck him in, though.

Only 8 games left now. Just give German Phil a run out and see if he sinks or swims. If he's absolutely shattered after an hour, move Bennett across then. Hopefully by that point we are winning the game anyway.

I like how we're allowed to play one more game than everyone else. Fosun really know how to get the best out of this league.

I like how we're allowed to play one more game than everyone else. Fosun really know how to get the best out of this league.

You don't get away with anything on here lol
Thats me finished work so I can concentrate on getting up town early for our 4-0 cruise.
FWIW I would swap douglas over and put Vinny on the left. Look to get Phil on for 20 or so when we're in control mode.

I reckon Nuno wouldn't play Phil purely because he's never played with this team before. He'll prefer someone who knows the team and has trained with the players all season.

It'll be Bennett, MGW or Vinagre.

Im sure Douglas with his experience will be easy to switch over to the right giving Vinagre the left.

Nuno appeared to me in a vision as I was eating my ham sandwich. Resting a few players ahead of Cardiff, especially those who were on int duty last week or were knackered

Ruddy Bennett - Miranda - Boly Bazza - Coady - Alf - Vinagre Cav - Leo - MGW

I would send your vision to fucking specsavers!

Buzzing for tonight. The clock at work is going backwards, I swear it.

There is no need to start shoving players into unfamiliar positions at all

Vinagre in at LWB & Douglas, as the more experienced player, asked to move across to the right - he clearly has a right foot as witnessed by his assist for Helder's goal.

Assuming that Saiss was 'just a bit tired' and the end v Boro then he will have had 3 days being looked after to recover. If we get well on top then he can be replaced by MGW at some point to preserve energy for Friday when we will also have a fully rested Neves back. Alf should be asked to take as much of the load in midfield as possible a role he is perfectly capable of doing as think he was playing as a 1 man midfield for part of one game (can't remember which one now). If he burns himself out he will still have done what is necessary in what is a squad game.

Front & back 3 to stay the same.

Hull 'should' not pose as many problems as Boro did or Cardiff will

Hull's best player Bowen is on the right wing so I wouldn't be moving Douglas

Hull's best player Bowen is on the right wing so I wouldn't be moving Douglas

Vinny is more than capable, maybe not the best defender in the world but he is quick (ask Kyle Walker) and he does train with the first team.

I can't get on board with this LWB at RWB stuff, there is a reason why it more or less never happens.

Vinny is more than capable, maybe not the best defender in the world but he is quick (ask Kyle Walker) and he does train with the first team.

Wouldn't be fussed if Vinagre was on the right then, just felt that Barry's greater experience would help - will have Bennett on that side to help with the defensive requirement & he's shown himself to be fairly uncompromising

I can't get on board with this LWB at RWB stuff, there is a reason why it more or less never happens.

Whoever we play at RWB tonight is going to be out of position (unless Jinky gets his way). I would be concerned if this was a long term thing but it is just 1 game, so can cope with Vinagre appearing there tonight

For me it is looking for the least worse option as would be highly surprised if Phil starts (though I have been highly surprised before on occasions!)

Other options would put players in a position that they don't normally fill & we have had square pegs in round holes in previous seasons without any notable sucess.

No tickets left for tonight (Derby and Birmingham games also now sold out)

No tickets left for tonight (Derby and Birmingham games also now sold out)

Also weren't vast numbers for Sheff Weds game when I booked & it had only just been released to Members at that point

Back