• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull (H) 3/4 Build-up thread

Cav has been out biggest attacking threat for most of the season.....I'd have him nowhere but up front

Fuck it....can Norris play at RWB?

Fuck it....can Norris play at RWB?

He can slag off Ruddy every time he kicks it his way and it goes into touch. Fuel the narrative that little bit more.

Wouldn't mind betting we'd have put Ronan there if he were around (even though that experiment really, really didn't work vs Bristol Rovers).

The extra day may save us - especially as Hull have a whole day less rest too. Nuno might have to make more changes than he has done previously. N'Diaye and MGW would provide fresher legs in midfield.

Is Bright still injured? I really want him back in the squad.

According to this we are not only missing Neves and Doherty (which we knew about) but have doubts over Jota, Saiss and Costa.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...ed-ndiaye-every-wolves-player-can-be-trusted/

Of course this is just supposition by Tim II, and the extra days rest may be all that is required after their exertions on Friday thanks to referee T.W.Atwell.

Well that would be a challenge. Ruddy, normal back 3, Vinagre, MGW, Alf, Bazza, Cav, Afobe, and... Bright if he's fit? Don't see Leo and Benik playing together - or maybe we'd go

Ruddy - Bennett - Miranda - Willy - Vinagre - Alf - Coady - Bazza - Cav - Afobe - MGW. Yep, that'd do for me

Tim is guessing. Based on Saiss planking at the end of the game and Helda time wasting when subbed.

He will just be guessing as Saiss was shattered at the end and Costa looked like he was feeling something but he looked ok at the end I think they’ll both play.

Spiers in not knowing what is really happening is such a surprise.

Given the effort put in on Friday doubt that Nuno has been working them much physically since so would expect full recovery from Costa & Saiss (didn't expect Jota back this quickly anyway & happier holding him back for Cardiff)

Could we now recall players like Marshall or Zyro if we were suddenly hit by an injury crisis?

No. I think all loans are window to window now. Doubt we have recall clauses.

No loan can be recalled. League rules as the emergency loan no longer exists.

not that we would need them but both are doing really well by the looks of it. Really pleased for Zyro that challenge could and should have finished his career it still amazes me they got away with it.

Ruddy
Miranda Coady Boly
Bennet Alf Saiss Douglas
Costa Afobe Cav

Why complicate things.

Bennett @ RWB is kinda complicating things. Lop sided play, can't shoot to save his life. Suppose Ruddy can aim for [and miss] him on goal kicks though...

Bennett @ RWB is kinda complicating things. Lop sided play, can't shoot to save his life. Suppose Ruddy can aim for [and miss] him on goal kicks though...

The other option is German Phil. Again its uncomplicated if he is ready. Bennet stays in the back 3 Miranda drops out and Phil comes in. I wouldnt be changing formation or making lots of changes, recalling loans or shit like that.

Full backs need to play at full back. Play German phil or Vinagre if he’s not ready. Playing Bennett there not only severely weakens our attack but it weakens our defence too.

Simply cannot see the sense in playing Bennett there in a game where we need to be on the front foot. Leave the back three alone

Only 8 games left now. Just give German Phil a run out and see if he sinks or swims. If he's absolutely shattered after an hour, move Bennett across then. Hopefully by that point we are winning the game anyway.

Back