• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull (H) 3/4 Build-up thread

This could be the first time this season we have played a player out of position. Last season it took about 38 fucking games to play any buggers IN their right positions

This could be the first time this season we have played a player out of position. Last season it took about 38 fucking games to play any buggers IN their right positions

Bennett at RWB
Graham at RBW
Cav at LWB
Ronan at RWB

Its been brief moments but we have played folk out of position this season

We've played Alf kind of up front (as sub) a couple of times too.

Costa had time at RWB too if I recall? Was it against Forest?

Regret posting that now do you matey ??? :)

No. When it takes DW to come up with a couple of sub appearances from Alf I think I'm OK. I was talking Matt Doherty/George Saville at LB out of position. Conor Coady at RB. Cav on the bench because Ben Marshall was preferred...

No. When it takes DW to come up with a couple of sub appearances from Alf I think I'm OK. I was talking Matt Doherty/George Saville at LB out of position. Conor Coady at RB. Cav on the bench because Ben Marshall was preferred...

Well, at what point did it become clear that Coady at Sw/CB wasn't out of position?

Wouldn't be fussed if Vinagre was on the right then, just felt that Barry's greater experience would help - will have Bennett on that side to help with the defensive requirement & he's shown himself to be fairly uncompromising

Vinny is very one footed if I recall correctly from what I've seen. Anyway we gonna have to play at least one out of position assuming Phil doesnt start.

Vinagre isn't one footed at all and has played on the right for Monaco's youth teams before.

Vinagre isn't one footed at all and has played on the right for Monaco's youth teams before.

If this is true (and I see no reason to disbelieve you) then he seems the obvious choice. Leave Jota to come back in for the Cardiff game (as we'll need to leave one of the loanees out).

If this is true (and I see no reason to disbelieve you) then he seems the obvious choice. Leave Jota to come back in for the Cardiff game (as we'll need to leave one of the loanees out).

This does seem like the best option. If Vinagre does get skinned by Bowen there isn't anything stopping us switching the wing backs over if we need to

Apparently it's miranda in and Bennett to RWB*

*off twitter so might be shite.

Can’t wait for Bennett to put over an inch perfect cross for Afobe to score later and make us all look silly

Didn't know he'd played on the right. I think you're right on the two footed thing though, he looked that way to me when I saw him, admittedly only once.

Well, at what point did it become clear that Coady at Sw/CB wasn't out of position?

I think the really interesting question - which any decent journo would have asked - is at what point did Nuno decide that's where Coady would play? And was he confident it would work right from the outset?

Didn't know he'd played on the right. I think you're right on the two footed thing though, he looked that way to me when I saw him, admittedly only once.
I've seen footage of him on the right, 100% positive about that. Even if he hadn't it'd make sense to shift him over instead of Baz. If you move Baz to the right you're taking away his biggest strength in his crossing ability whereas Vini is best when he's cutting inside and running at defenders so could easily move across.

Is that what's best for the team though? The front three play fairly narrow, if you play a wingback on the wrong side as well who's going to want to come inside then you lose your width down that side of the pitch and you're probably no better off than if you'd gone for a more negative option like Bennett.

Personally I think the wingbacks need to be players on their natural sides, they need to be able to maintain that width and offer the overlap to get in behind. Having them stretch the play in that fashion has been a big part of what's made this season a success.

Back