• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull (H) 3/4 Build-up thread

I just cant see Nuno doing that in his first senior game somehow. I think he's more likely to do the reverse: put him on the bench, start Vini and keep Phil as a Plan B. I'd be very surprised if he disrupted the team further by moving anyone from their customary position.
The problem with him coming off the bench is that if he does break down we will have wasted 2 subs. We will see but Phil to start would be my choice also.

They aren’t, I agree, and Ideally we should have had another option before this who can play there properly. I just don’t see Nuno taking that type of risk. I know people don’t want to take Bennet out of back theee but I think that is what Nuno will do. He has shown he trusts Batth before, and although he had a mare against Villa I can deal with him coming in for the game on Tuesday.

First senior game? The lad is 26.

First senior game for us. Obviously. :icon_rolleyes:

The only reason he won't play is because Nuno and the medical staff think that his body isn't ready for the intensity of a first team game.

And yes, I think that might well be what Nuno is considering, after his injury. I think he's someone who, quite rightly imo, would tend to err on the side of caution where players' welfare is concerned.

I think it is almost certain that Bennett will move to RWB, just hope it is Miranda who comes in. MGW would be a possibility if he wasn't the only Central Midfield cover with Neves being out and N'Diaye starting.

Hull have scored a lot of goals, conceding too many has been their problem.

Didn't realise Hull were so free scoring, its probably academic anyway as I'm fairly sure Bennet will play there....and despite many fans fears, wouldn't be surprised to see Batth come in, Nuno seems to like him. If Hull do come to attack, that will surely play into our hands?

Didn't realise Hull were so free scoring, its probably academic anyway as I'm fairly sure Bennet will play there....and despite many fans fears, wouldn't be surprised to see Batth come in, Nuno seems to like him. If Hull do come to attack, that will surely play into our hands?

We're a lot of things, but we're not a team that likes to play from behind. If Hull come to play and manage the first goal, it makes things difficult.

Away fans are in the Quadrant, is that just the upper? is the lower quadrant for home fans? there are no tickets anywhere else in the stadium. was hoping to make the Sheff Wed game my next/last one but it looks like tickets won't even make it to general release

We're a lot of things, but we're not a team that likes to play from behind. If Hull come to play and manage the first goal, it makes things difficult.

Well yes IF they score first, not sure what you mean by "not a team that likes to play from behind" but I would back our defence (back 3) to be able to cope with Hull and we are at our most dangerous when opposition teams come at us

Hull score a lot of goals at home (only four fewer than us) but they are pitiful on the road, 16 goals from 19 games, only Burton, Blues and Bolton are worse in that respect.

Hull score a lot of goals at home (only four fewer than us) but they are pitiful on the road, 16 goals from 19 games, only Burton, Blues and Bolton are worse in that respect.

I think it will play into our hands, but the way they played second half against Villa, you’d imagine Adkins will tell them to go for it from the off.

They were ok second half but realistically they created one chance, off a set piece (the same one where they should have had a penalty, but apparently Villa players are allowed to punch the ball away this year).

Players returning from injury will have a plan in place for intesnsity, minutes, workout types and evaluation monitoring. I'd be surprised if Phil plays so soon for the firsteam after his first full 90 for the u23s.

Depends on the individual. Helder had been out for six months, not even sure he played an U23 game then we started him three games in a row vs Sheffield United, Burton and Villa (albeit he didn't last long at Bramall Lane). No easing him in, no cheap minutes off the bench, back in the team.

Phil's actually had a decent workload in three weeks or so and seems to have come through it, if they assess him as ready then I don't think they'll be cautious, it's not our way.

They were ok second half but realistically they created one chance, off a set piece (the same one where they should have had a penalty, but apparently Villa players are allowed to punch the ball away this year).

Yeah, but they had more of an attacking intent even though they didn’t have the quality to create much.

I’d guess they’ll want to continue in that vein rather than sitting back and allowing us to come at them.

I’d guess they’ll want to continue in that vein rather than sitting back and allowing us to come at them.

A point at Molineux will be a good one now they have a 6 point gap on Barnsley. Will be surprised if they do anything other than sit deep and look for the counter

Got tickets for this one so another game to look forward to.

I would put Gibbs-White in the midfield to replace Neves instead of N'Diaye - not a fan. If Ofosu-Ayeh is fit I say throw him in at RWB. Otherwise go for Bennett or Vinagre if he is capable of playing there, but it's a shame if we have to move the former out of the centre. If Bennett is at RWB I'm hoping to see Miranda for the first time in quite a while or even Hause, just please not Danny.

Another option would be Cav at RWB a la Moses and then pick the best front three from Jota, Afobe, Costa, MGW, Mir & Bonatini
depending on whose fit / not knackered

If Jota is back and available then I wouldn't be totally against playing Cav there.

Back