• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull (H) 3/4 Build-up thread

jlo

Reaction score
No rest for the lads, this is going to cause a few conundrums for the starting XI if we stick with the same formation.

One positive, Neves and Doherty will be pretty fresh for the Cardiff game!

I think Nuno might be tempted to go 4-3-3 but assuming he doesn't then straight swap to bring in N'Daiye and either push Bennett to RWB with Batth or Hause coming in...or maybe we'll just see German Phil thrown in. Noted he got through 90 mins today for U23s.

I think PLF should be rested for the next fixture.

Don't think Phil will be up to much more than 30 mins, so maybe a bench spot.

Bennett over to RWB and Miranda back in. Alf in Neves.

He did put Gibbs-White out on the right when he replaced Helda today but will be surprised if he starts at RWB

I'd quite like to see Vinagre in for Doc. I know, square pegs, but I'm sure he'd be fine there, and provide more going forward. Leave Bennett where he is, he's doing a great job and no need to shift him to a less comfortable position.

A CB out there is a ridiculous idea. There’s no right answer for a CB at RWB is definitely the wrong one. At least a full back is still a full back, even if it’s on the wrong side. If we think Hull will park the bus then play a forward thinking player there.

Didn't Bennett play there against Man City?

He did but he was more a Right Back with how City play. He moved there v Sheff Wed earlier this season and should have scored as well or at least set up a goal

I'm pretty sure it will be Bennet at rwb but personally I would go with Vinagre or even MGW

Didn't think that I was any worse in the 2nd half than the 1st - then again we all have opinions

Haha - just pulling your leg about saying it was done and dusted at half time - you overlooked the role of Agent Attwell.

He did but he was more a Right Back with how City play. He moved there v Sheff Wed earlier this season and should have scored as well or at least set up a goal
I thought as much. He did well there though, but I'd imagine he'd be asked to do more attacking on Tuesday than he was against City.
It's only 1 game, what's the worst that could happen...

I think Ofosu-Ayeh has played a few games coming on as sub and didn’t he complete 90 minutes the other day? Should be fairly close to being in contention. Wouldn’t be too shocked to see him play.

From the minutes of the last F-P they see Bennett as the cover whilst Phil is out of contention.

That was probably just lip service. In normal circumstances it might be ok but not hull at home. Not for me anyway

I think Ofosu-Ayeh has played a few games coming on as sub and didn’t he complete 90 minutes the other day? Should be fairly close to being in contention. Wouldn’t be too shocked to see him play.

90 mins today

So he has done something like 25, 30, 65 & 90 mins in the last 3 weeks or so

As this is a game we should be controlling I’d rather see Vinagre in for Doherty or Phil if he’s fit enough, shouldn’t be doing too much defending. That said I don’t know who Hull play down their left, if it’s someone good who we need to shut down then Bennett can do a job I guess

I'd quite like to see Vinagre in for Doc. I know, square pegs, but I'm sure he'd be fine there, and provide more going forward. Leave Bennett where he is, he's doing a great job and no need to shift him to a less comfortable position.
Agreed. I think he could do a decent job there.

Back