• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull (H) 3/4 Build-up thread

Also, Nuno said he would see in regards to Jota being available for the next game. If he's back in the squad, Vinagre will drop out again.

They said Bright was only out for a few days and he got injured around the time Afobe arrived, so will be surprised to see Jota back before the Derby game

Don't think Phil will be up to much more than 30 mins, so maybe a bench spot.

Bennett over to RWB and Miranda back in. Alf in Neves.

He did put Gibbs-White out on the right when he replaced Helda today but will be surprised if he starts at RWB

Didn’t Phil play 90 minutes today?

What I'd like to see:

----------------- Ruddy ---------------

------ Bennett - Coady - Boly --------

Vinagre ----------------------- Douglas

------------- Saiss --- MGW -----------

--- Costa --------------------- Cavaleiro

------------------ Afobe ----------------

Didn’t Phil play 90 minutes today?

He did but first 90 mins in over a year on the back of 3 appearances in 3 weeks. I really want to see him but it might be a few weeks to early for him to start

What I'd like to see:

-------------- Ruddy ----------

Bennett - Coady - Boly

Vinagre Douglas

Saiss MGW

Costa Cavaleiro

Afobe

Vinagre Douglas

Saiss MGW

Costa Cavaleiro

Afobe

We cloning players now? Mendes is out of control

Fixed, but not fast enough!

He did but first 90 mins in over a year on the back of 3 appearances in 3 weeks. I really want to see him but it might be a few weeks to early for him to start

I’d risk it with Doc back for the next game.

I'd put Phil in at rwb with Alf in midfield to keep an eye on him

Or go 4231 with Bennett at RB

Phil can start for me then if he tires whack Bennett there. MGW can't tackle so he won't make a wingback.

Phil can start for me then if he tires whack Bennett there. MGW can't tackle so he won't make a wingback.
Yeah I'd go for that too.

If we are going to use him though, then it needs to be from the start. There's no use subbing him on there and then having to use another sub if he can't hack it or gets injured again.

If Bennett is fielded at RWB then Batth will likely get another run out at CB. Would rather we saw Hause or Miranda there tbh...

If Batth starts again I'll be turning it off.

Ruddy
Bennett - Miranda - Coady - Boly - Douglas
Saiss - N'Diaye
Costa - Afobe - Cavaleiro

Subs: Norris, Hause, Vinagre, Bonatini, Gibbs-White, Ofosu-Ayeh, Batth

But as it was Batth on the bench and Miranda not in the 18 tonight I'm afraid we'll see Danny back out there.

I would be amazed if Batth comes straight back in again after his performance at Villa. Miranda should be next in line Danny is toast as soon as the season is over no point in using him for sentimental reasons.

You'd like to think so but if that's the case I've no idea why Batth is on the bench at all today.

Ruddy
Ofosu Ayeh - Bennett - Coady - Boly - Douglas
Gibbs White - N'Diaye
Costa - Afobe - Cavaleiro

Subs: Norris, Hause, Vinagre, Bonatini, Saiss, Miranda, Goncalves

Give Saiss a rest and MGW a game. Bennett can go to full back when German Phil is knackered and Hause can get a run.

Those that have seen Phil for the reserves - - admittedly before yesterday, say that he's miles off. I'd play play Graham there as a one off. If Saiss and Costa can't make it then MGW and Vinagre are the only realistic options with Cav moving back to the right.

Back