• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield 1 - Wolves 0 the 'please end this season now' verdict thread

We were crap with Sako and Dicko. Our season totally turned when Afobe turned up. We went through November (I think it was) playing like we are now.

Yeah, but he had us top (briefly) on 1st November after we drew with Blues. So it wasn't like we were awful before Afobe turned up at all, in fact we had as many points (40) when Afobe signed as we have now, from seven fewer games.

There's so much material from this season if you want to criticise him, I just don't understand the compulsion to be revisionist about 2014/15.

And with a shit incompetent defense doesn't help things either.

Nope but IIRC the defense didn't change that much in that time, the main difference was the absence of Dicko during November 2014

If we are not going to get promoted (which we aren't) or relegated (which we probably aren't) then would just like some entertainment for the last 14 games - we might at least get some enjoyment on match days

What we have now is just dire perecentage football (with the percentage at about 15%)

Yeah, but he had us top (briefly) on 1st November after we drew with Blues. So it wasn't like we were awful before Afobe turned up at all, in fact we had as many points (40) when Afobe signed as we have now, from seven fewer games.

There's so much material from this season if you want to criticise him, I just don't understand the compulsion to be revisionist about 2014/15.

This. KJ has done some fantastic work here - that's why it is sad that it is all unravelling. And why I wanted him to go earlier to not spoil the previous two seasons good work.

We went up in League 1 with a records point total. For a fan with no experience in football to claim they would have got us promoted is ludicrous.

I was full of hope going into this season. Buy a competent, championship quality left winger to replace Sako and compete... We bought a defensive midfielder for £2m! Absolute rubbish and a huge chance missed. Morgan can only go when a buyer come in, Moxey is passed his sell by date and Marshall, Thelwell and Jackett are out of their depth.
I'm pretty disappointed, can you tell?

Its been a crock for six months. Wet pants in august fully justified. Just go

The last but one bloke who say's we have the right man in charge. Please I hope you post on here so I can tell you your speaking out your fucking anus..

The right man in charge - it simply beggars belief how anyone with a sane mind can think that :icon_lol:

The only thing missing from those highlights is the sound of a barrel being scraped. Moxey is embarrassing himself by not sacking Jackett, no excuse about new owners. Plenty of clubs up for sale change managers and Moxey is garbage for not doing this.

Fair points. Granted this season is far worse than what happened up to Afobe signing but thinking back we really pushed on after Afobe. Wolves with Afobe were far better than Wolves without Afobe. Would be interested to hear how the goals for and goals against columns compare over the two seasons.

2014/15 pre-Afobe: 25 games, 40 points, 29 goals
2014/15 with Afobe: 21 games, 38 points, 41 goals
2015/16 with Afobe: 25 games, 34 points, 32 goals
2015/16 post-Afobe: 7 games, 6 points, 8 goals

Of course you would expect things to improve with Afobe in the side, after all he is far too good for this level and that was the case right from the day we bought him.

2014/15 pre-Afobe: 25 games, 40 points, 29 goals
2014/15 with Afobe: 21 games, 38 points, 41 goals
2015/16 with Afobe: 25 games, 34 points, 32 goals
2015/16 post-Afobe: 7 games, 6 points, 8 goals

Of course you would expect things to improve with Afobe in the side, after all he is far too good for this level and that was the case right from the day we bought him.

Frighteningly unreassuringly when averaged our goals per games tally (without Afobe) are pretty much the same across the two seasons although obviously less games this season than last. Sako and Dicko improved immeasurably when Afobe arrived.

Changes the conversation though doesn't it? If we can see the signs that KJ was out of his depth even among the success last season, then we see that this is much more his fault than anyone else's.

If Kortney Hause was fit enough for the bench then why the hell wasn't he starting? Batth & EEL is the worst defensive partnership that I think we've ever fielded at this level.

Had a good laugh yesterday but the football was just dreadful. I don't know why I bother with the useless fuckers, I really don't. Saying that... See you all at Boro away!

That Billing kid looks a player btw. Ran the game from DM in a way none of our million DM's could ever hope to.

Fair play Dan [emoji106]

Batth & EEL is the worst defensive partnership that I think we've ever fielded at this level.
Nope. That goes to EEL and Hause at the start of this season. I saw it a few times including in the flesh and it was beyond abysmal and full of mistakes that cost us goals.

Batth has at least proved that he can be part of a good CB pairing and keep clean sheets. Neither of the other two have.

Gary Bellamy/Rob Hindmarch

Eric Young/Brian Law

Paul Stancliffe/Lawrie Madden

Darren Ward/Neill Collins

We aren't in that territory yet.

Back