• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield 1 - Wolves 0 the 'please end this season now' verdict thread

Agreed. Stupid on his part, but the OTT - almost suicidal - reaction of a section of our fans does not help things.

As you say, it would be a lot easier if footballers were banned from social media. Posting something like that, knowing the fans of the club you play for will read it, is just stupid. Maybe he's off in the summer so doesn't particularly care anyway. Unfortunately the respect we all feel we are owed as football fans has, in the main, gone from the game. The gap between the players and the fans in modern day football is wider than ever.

Completely agree with the bit in bold.

But as for VLP - I don't like how OTT things are with football TBH, but things like this DO piss me off. They are completely unnecessary and he can have no complaints if he receives abuse from supporters for it. I'm sure it doesn't help matters, but there's only one person to blame for it - VLP himself. He's put himself in that position.

Agree with almost everything that has been said, short of the idea that footballers should not be allowed to use social media. That is an absolute non-starter for me.

They should be allowed to express themselves however they wish; if they do something as fucking moronic as VLP has done then they bear the consequences.

There's a big difference between losing a game and one of our players spouting off bollocks like this in social media.

I don't particularly care if we lose as long as I can see a bit of pride and commitment (and at least some intention of trying to actually attack the opposition) yet social media posts like RVLP's really don't come across as someone who gives a rats arse about the poor results, and certainly not about how supporters of his employers might take it.

It's crass ignorance, wholly disrespectful and just totally fucking stupid. I have said this many times but I don't see why footballers should be using social media anyway. It's only ever going to end badly.

I can totally understand why fans get pissed off with this sort of unnecessary nonsense. It's different to results/performances.

But isn't it typical of the way the poxy press jump on these things?
I read about Lescott putting up a picture of a big fuck off Mercedes.
Turned out, if it's to be believed, that his brother was asking advice of which car to buy or something like that and Joleon stuck up this picture....
So what?

But isn't it typical of the way the poxy press jump on these things?
I read about Lescott putting up a picture of a big fuck off Mercedes.
Turned out, if it's to be believed, that his brother was asking advice of which car to buy or something like that and Joleon stuck up this picture....
So what?

So what? So why not engage a bit of common sense and think about how many thousand people are going to see these things and take umbrage with them?

As for Lescott - he said he 'tweeted it by accident' (as you do) which I'm sure had nothing to do with the previous tweet he deleted basically saying 'fuck you and your abuse - I'm rich, you're not lolz'.

I don't understand why people aren't able to exercise a bit of self control before jumping onto the internet. Don't tweet it and it won't be 'jumped on'. No sympathy whatsoever as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with Jinky in that fans over-react but who's the biggest prick here, the chap who works down the local factory for a pittance having a go at a footballer for waving his wealth in his face or the footballer himself for boasting about how much he earns?

I know whose side I'm on.

Cb572IKW0AEuI2F.jpg

Still a cockpocket IMO/IMV.

Been given a bollocking by the club then.

I choose to believe his story, but even so he should have recognized how easy it could have been misconstrued.

We should have sold if money was on the table in January. He's not going to be part of our long term future.

That's OK then. He was only having a private joke with his friends about what mugs he thinks we all are to pay to watch him ponce about week after week after week.

Phew, for a minute there I thought he was taking the pi55.

Don't buy his 'apology' at all. Monumentally stupid bellend. As per my earlier comments, though - it's not worth stressing over.

Back