• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield 1 - Wolves 0 the 'please end this season now' verdict thread

The atmosphere at the end of the game reminded me of the Feb 2013 2-1 defeat at Barnsley away when the players left the pitch to a slating.

Rajiv van La Parra was the first to bravely try and applaud the "we're fucking shit" chanting fans. Only to be told to do one in polite terms.

Danny Baath then tried to shepard over the other reluntant players to be given the same treatment.

Gary Bellamy/Rob Hindmarch

Eric Young/Brian Law

Paul Stancliffe/Lawrie Madden

Darren Ward/Neill Collins

We aren't in that territory yet.

Johnson/Gorkss should be in that lot too. <shudders>

Nope. That goes to EEL and Hause at the start of this season. I saw it a few times including in the flesh and it was beyond abysmal and full of mistakes that cost us goals.

Batth has at least proved that he can be part of a good CB pairing and keep clean sheets. Neither of the other two have.

The partnership of EEL and Hause lasted I think three games after the debacle at Cardiff (Which included Stearman).

They conceded three goals in those games. (In games when we didn't have ten men behind the ball)

All other league games (29) conceded 40 goals.

Hause was a complete bombscare making mistake after mistake. EEL didn't have any confidence playing together with him.

The game I saw the two of them was the Charlton home game, which we announced the sale of Stearman afterwards.

They both started the game extremely shakily (understandable IMO) but grew into the game and played quite well, though there was a clear lack of a dominant force at the back. I think Hause has a big future, I think he can be a really good centre back and I'd be pairing him with Williamson as soon as possible.

Hause was a complete bombscare making mistake after mistake. EEL didn't have any confidence playing together with him.

And who is to know how that partnership would have developed - the other partnerships have been statistically worse. Stearman can't get into the Fulham side and Batth is just plain awful. As I said in the last ten or so games we've been set up with ten behind the ball.

That's nonsense. Yes he made errors but he's a young lad learning the game, he was not a bomb scare at all. When he went off in the Boro game he had been quality and looked comfortable both at defending and playing out from the back.

Nope. I just don't particularly rate him. He looked better as a LB than a CB.

All about opinions, but I don't agree. I don't think Hause at left back looked any better than Doherty does. He is a centre half and in time could be a bloody good one. I'd have him in the team alongside Williamson when both are fully fit.

Hause is a quality centre back. Honestly Bear, I don't recognise what you were watching.

I watched him away at Bolton and Blackburn at the start of the season, and honestly, he was terrible. He improved a bit in terms of making less obvious rickets that gifted the opposition chances as the season went on but I still wouldnt want to play him over EEL or Batth alongside Williamson.

EEL is looking the better player than Batth at the minute.

EEL is looking the better player than Batth at the minute.

By a long way as well. I'd rather see EEL than Batth in the team right now because he looks so much better than him. From what i have seen though, most fans still think Batth should stay in the team over EEL if/when Williamson or Hause comes in to the team.

Flip a coin for me, they both have the exact same weaknesses. I'd say EEL has the greater chance of an absolute howler.

I don't Batth needs to drop a howler as such to be rendered useless, he's just so limited, unless people are lobbing stuff at his head he really doesn't offer anything.

EEL's distribution in the last couple of months has improved significantly, Batth's has regressed, even Tim2 was taking the piss about it on Twitter yesterday. Speaking of which I'm amazed by by the number of people on his timeline that continue to support Jackett

I think EEL is probably more likely to make a howler but i think right now he's a better overall defender than Batth in terms of the basics and then his distribution while not very good is still in a different league to Danny's.

It's been a massive season for EEL and one he should learn from. I would like to see him alongside Williamson but I would consider Iorfa as more of a central player too. We need another right back and two left backs.

Back