• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I remember walking from Penn to Wombourne in the snow to get to school because the buses weren't running. My school hardly ever closed for snow and it used to snow PROPERLY in those days.

God, I sound old!
We discussed this yesterday mate. You ARE old! :icon_lol:

How on earth do they cope in Sweden, Finland etc...

Managed to cycle in slowly. Got here safely enough.
Outside the house was traffic chaos. Closer I got to work there was more normality.
Still snowing steadily here in Bham. Not apocalyptic. Hopefully I'll have a quiet day.
When I worked in the college we regularly used to get snow closure days around february. Not had a single one since I worked here though.

Nah, TWF's answer to Chris Froome has got snow chains on his tyres.

Fuck that! Saw a couple of guys on their bikes this morning though, fair play to them. No chance I'd be dicing it out there though :icon_lol:

How on earth do they cope in Sweden, Finland etc...
Quite easily. They are prepared for it. They have regular seasonal snow whereas the UK doesn't. For example, how many of us fit snow tyres to our vehicles? The cost of providing resources that may not be required is a key factor in the UK. Limited resource means limited delivery.

Fuck Pensnett with a rusty stick. Fucking traffic!

Quite easily. They are prepared for it. They have regular seasonal snow whereas the UK doesn't. For example, how many of us fit snow tyres to our vehicles? The cost of providing resources that may not be required is a key factor in the UK. Limited resource means limited delivery.

Twas written with tongue firmly in cheek Phil ;)

Met Office almost getting it right down here

Bit chilly where I am, but blue sky & no hint of snow - surrounding counties appear to have a bit, but nothing dramatic

I'm working at home today - big deadline on Tuesday and I have my kids this weekend so have to do it today. So true to form, their school is shut. Which we found out halfway into our walk there. My kids are having the time of their lives, bless them and are super hyped and over-excited!

My better half's son's school is a mile away from my kids' school yet that one is open!!

An amber weather warning for snow has now been issued for the midlands for Sunday.

There's melting going on around here in bham. However have had an email advising that near where I love and live buses are stopping etc. Seems there are some very localised issues.

:icon_lol: will edit.

Cycling in this morning - started very slowly, got braver as the journey progressed. However closer to work I got, the less snow there was.

Had a little bit by home over night, maybe 20mm tops, headed up to Leeds this morning and it was clear blue skies and bare green fields by the time I was up past Chesterfield with not a spec of snow in sight for the rest of my journey so I must have been pretty much on the edge of the weather.

Predictions for tomorrow say ~40% chance of some more in the afternoon evening with Sunday being the more likely to be whited out.

Bloody cold all day in Cannock, but can I ask others on here, whats the thing with lads wearing shorts regardless of the temperature ??, I've seen at least a couple this afternoon !!

Back